Cake Slid Off The Board

Decorating By Reganlynn Updated 25 Apr 2010 , 2:23am by Kaylani

dalis4joe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dalis4joe Posted 31 Mar 2010 , 1:56pm
post #31 of 34

I learned the hard way.... we were doing a delivery.... on the firt turn... (it was 2 cakes side by side) one of the cakes slid almost right off the cake board (it was a large board) thankfully we pulled over and I took out my tool box and fixed it... but from then on... I attach it with RI... I thought about hot glue... but since that day we used RI and it worked fine... I just kept doing it that way...

Sara-belle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sara-belle Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 3:16am
post #32 of 34

I cover my boards in foil wrapping, then stick a glob of buttercream on it and spread it out, make sure its not completely smooth. You dont need a lot of it, just a thin layer. Then when I put the bottom tier on, I move it side to side a little bit then center it. It kind of 'sticks' it on. You can feel it stick!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 6:31am
post #33 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by leah_s

I put the bottom cake directly on the cake drum with a smear of bc. Why would you use a cardboard?

ditto.

Kaylani Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kaylani Posted 25 Apr 2010 , 2:23am
post #34 of 34

I guess it depends on how you do your fondant. If you smooth under the bottoms of your fondant a small cardboard under the layer helps with that method. Then I use bc to attach it to the drum. If it is an all bc cake then it goes directly on the drum with bc to 'glue' it. Isn't it great to hear how many different ways there are to do it? Love CC users & all the great advice!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%