So.....tired

Lounge By prterrell Updated 1 Feb 2010 , 3:22am by adree313

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 31 Jan 2010 , 1:12pm
post #1 of 7

I haven't had a good night's sleep since I got sick a few weeks ago. I'm no longer sick, but still can't sleep! I got maybe two hours of non-consecutive sleep last night. icon_sad.gif

And I have a super busy day today:
- Teach children's Sunday School
- Church service (I'm in the choir)
- Daughter's of the King luncheon meeting
- Choir rehearsal
- Evensong

icon_cry.gif

Coffee. Lots and lots of coffee.

6 replies
Ursula40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ursula40 Posted 31 Jan 2010 , 1:14pm
post #2 of 7

Why can't you sleep? Be careful, especially if you have to operate ANY machinery, especially a car. If this goes on, take a light sleeping aid OR GO TO THE DOC AND GET SOMETHING FOR IT, just one night's sleep can make a hell of a difference

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 31 Jan 2010 , 1:18pm
post #3 of 7

Oh, it's because I had to go off all of my regular medication when I was sick, including Effexor. I have generalized anxiety and panic disorder with depression. One of the symptoms is having trouble sleeping. I'm back on my meds now, but my body is still adjusting. I've only been back up to the full strength since Friday and it'll take a week or two for my system to normalize again. If I'm still having trouble after that, I'll call my psych. Fortunately, I've been able to sleep in most mornings (once I do fall asleep) for a few hours, but today I have too many obligations. Thank you for your concern!

Ursula40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ursula40 Posted 31 Jan 2010 , 2:53pm
post #4 of 7

Well just take care, and if you can't sleep and need someone, I'm probably on at times, where it's really quiet here ( I live on the other side of the globe) so just drop me a pm or something. I'm in THE CHANGE and have trouble sleeping, I know what it's like to be really tired, but I don't drive. Too streanous (spelling?)

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 31 Jan 2010 , 3:18pm
post #5 of 7

I have bouts of insomnia sometimes so I understand the not-being-able-to-sleep thing. I'm amazed at how much even just a one hour nap can help. I've also pretty much memorized the Nick at Nite and TVLand schedules for 3:00 a.m.!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

With my new (3rd shift) part time job at the hotel AND going to school full time, I'm dealing with my own sleep pattern issues right now. I wrote down my schedule of just last week and discovered that I'd had 6 hours sleep in a 32 hour time period. I've gotten pretty good at becoming one of those students who grabs a 30-45 minute "power nap" in one of the comfy chairs in the college hallway-lounge areas between classes!! icon_lol.gif

JustToEatCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustToEatCake Posted 1 Feb 2010 , 2:05am
post #6 of 7

Oh I feel for you. I can't fuction when I can't sleep. I have insomnia also. Diagnosed by 2 sleep studies and my medicine helps me sleep also. I swear it has to be one of the worst feelings in the world (the other is thirst) to be so sleepy but not be able to sleep. Your brain just short circuts. I remember not sleeping one nite and then having my SO tell me something and I'd have to say "tell me what you just said because I've forgotten it". Over and over I had to do that and literally it was only 1 minute after he said it each time I couldn't remember what he said. I can't sleep during the day at all, yet I can't do housework or anything like that at nite because I feel I should be asleep. It's miserable. I hope you feel better soon and get some sleep. It makes all the differrence. There is a reason sleep deprivation has been used as a torture tool because it's just that TORTURE!

adree313 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adree313 Posted 1 Feb 2010 , 3:22am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

I've also pretty much memorized the Nick at Nite and TVLand schedules for 3:00 a.m.!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

... discovered that I'd had 6 hours sleep in a 32 hour time period. icon_lol.gif

Me too, for both of these! icon_lol.gif Except mine was 8 hours of sleep in a 48 hour time period.

I thought that I had like, a real sleeping problem for a little while there. I don't sleep well at night (up AT LEAST every hour and a half) and I have to take naps during the day (every day pretty much) just to function.

I was talking about it with someone the other day then I realized... I just have my nights and days mixed up for some reason icon_lol.gif I sleep more soundly during the day than I do at night for some reason icon_confused.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%