Just A Qustion

Decorating By cupandcake81 Updated 31 Jan 2010 , 12:28am by cupandcake81

cupandcake81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupandcake81 Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 5:30pm
post #1 of 8

Hey ladies! Dose anybody not draw out your cakes??? I cant draw to save my life!! But i have been practicing writing out designs and trying to draw out what the decorations might look like. I know iam starting early but i have sooo many idea in my head for cakes its not funny! And I am going to be laid up for awhile just having surgery so I will not be in the kitchen for awhile! I hope someone could help me out

7 replies
The_Lil_Cakehouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
The_Lil_Cakehouse Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 5:48pm
post #2 of 8

I draw my cakes, but I also save a lot of cakes in my Favs for inspiration. Your pictures don't have to be works of art, just rough sketches. If you can draw a round thing and a squareish thing, I think you'll be okay. icon_smile.gif

erinalicia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erinalicia Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 9:28pm
post #3 of 8

there is a gallery for templates here and there are several blank cake templates in there that are great for printing out and sketching on.

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 9:31pm
post #4 of 8

You don't have to be a perfect artist to sketch a cake.

Start with boxes to represent the cake. Use symbols for the elements. For example, * could mean a rose.

HTH!

confectionsofahousewife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
confectionsofahousewife Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 9:36pm
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by erinalicia

there is a gallery for templates here and there are several blank cake templates in there that are great for printing out and sketching on.

Where are the blank templates?!? I have been looking for just that thing so I can sketch my ideas!

mandymakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandymakescakes Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 9:41pm
post #6 of 8

Search for member "Doug"... that gallery is nothing but templates. icon_biggrin.gif

erinalicia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erinalicia Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 10:59pm
post #7 of 8

Thanks, I couldn't remember Doug for some reason...

this is the link for the template gallery in general, just browse through there. http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&aid=121

cupandcake81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupandcake81 Posted 31 Jan 2010 , 12:28am
post #8 of 8

Thanks you guys are awsome!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%