Just A Qustion

Decorating By cupandcake81 Updated 31 Jan 2010 , 12:28am by cupandcake81

cupandcake81 Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 5:30pm
post #1 of 8

Hey ladies! Dose anybody not draw out your cakes??? I cant draw to save my life!! But i have been practicing writing out designs and trying to draw out what the decorations might look like. I know iam starting early but i have sooo many idea in my head for cakes its not funny! And I am going to be laid up for awhile just having surgery so I will not be in the kitchen for awhile! I hope someone could help me out

7 replies
The_Lil_Cakehouse Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 5:48pm
post #2 of 8

I draw my cakes, but I also save a lot of cakes in my Favs for inspiration. Your pictures don't have to be works of art, just rough sketches. If you can draw a round thing and a squareish thing, I think you'll be okay. icon_smile.gif

erinalicia Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 9:28pm
post #3 of 8

there is a gallery for templates here and there are several blank cake templates in there that are great for printing out and sketching on.

prterrell Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 9:31pm
post #4 of 8

You don't have to be a perfect artist to sketch a cake.

Start with boxes to represent the cake. Use symbols for the elements. For example, * could mean a rose.

HTH!

confectionsofahousewife Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 9:36pm
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by erinalicia

there is a gallery for templates here and there are several blank cake templates in there that are great for printing out and sketching on.

Where are the blank templates?!? I have been looking for just that thing so I can sketch my ideas!

mandymakescakes Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 9:41pm
post #6 of 8

Search for member "Doug"... that gallery is nothing but templates. icon_biggrin.gif

erinalicia Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 10:59pm
post #7 of 8

Thanks, I couldn't remember Doug for some reason...

this is the link for the template gallery in general, just browse through there. http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&aid=121

cupandcake81 Posted 31 Jan 2010 , 12:28am
post #8 of 8

Thanks you guys are awsome!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%