Does Your Hobart 20 Qt Fit

Business By CakeForte Updated 30 Jan 2010 , 12:45pm by indydebi

CakeForte Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeForte Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 12:36am
post #1 of 9

into your sink completely? For those of you in a commercial space/ operation.

I'm trying to plan w/ my architect, but I don't have a hobart yet...so I don't really know. I am planning on getting a dishwasher too, so does it matter? As long as it fits in the dishwasher?

8 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 12:53am
post #2 of 9

Depends on the sink. My 20-qt bowl fit fine in my commercial sink, but it would never fit in the sink that's in the hotel kitchen I work at now. It fit beautifully in the dishwasher, but mine was a big $15K "high-boy" comm'l dishwasher, not an under the counter comm'l dishwasher.

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 2:31am
post #3 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeForte

into your sink completely? For those of you in a commercial space/ operation.

I'm trying to plan w/ my architect, but I don't have a hobart yet...so I don't really know. I am planning on getting a dishwasher too, so does it matter? As long as it fits in the dishwasher?

I have a large two bowl commerical sink that it fits fine in...I dont think it would fit in a kitchen sink. Dont have a dishwasher! (my DH drools over those big pan washers..haha)

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 2:51am
post #4 of 9

I just measured the bowl for my 20 qt. and it is about 15" round by 12" tall.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 3:12am
post #5 of 9

Wait! Debi, you're working in a hotel kitchen? Is this a student work/study?

CakeForte Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeForte Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 3:32am
post #6 of 9

Thank you for your help. I haven't seen the plans (first draft) yet so I didn't know how to answer either way.

indydebi Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 6:40am
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by leah_s

Wait! Debi, you're working in a hotel kitchen? Is this a student work/study?

I so lucked out on this one! Needed a job that is flexible around a school schedule. Found a Night Auditor job at a hotel that is less than 5 minutes from my home. I applied online on a Saturday night and they called me for the interview on Sunday .... hired me on Tuesday.

I work 11pm to 7am, 4-5 days a week, doing the end of the day audit reports. About 3:30 a.m., I start setting up our (free to our guests!) breakfast buffet line for the morning crew. I don't do any of the cooking, just set out the equipment and do some preliminary prep work for them. (it's a very small kitchen! very very!)

It's the perfect job for a full time student. Except I'm always chasing sleep. On those rare days that I have no school or work, I sleep 12-15 hours straight!

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 11:00am
post #8 of 9

According to the food code, your sink should be able to hold the largest washable thing in your kitchen.

Mike

indydebi Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 12:45pm
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1394

According to the food code, your sink should be able to hold the largest washable thing in your kitchen.

Mike

Yes ... as in "totally submersible" be able to hold. Good point, Mike, that I'd forgotten about!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%