Lights........

Decorating By keonicakes Updated 29 Jan 2010 , 2:46am by cownsj

keonicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keonicakes Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 11:53pm
post #1 of 3

I've seen some awesome cakes here that have used LED lights. Searched the forums and can't seem to find any info. on them. Can someone please tell me where to buy the little lights and how to place them in the cake? Thanks so much in advance. Truly talented people here.

2 replies
cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 2:35am
post #2 of 3

I use them all the time (see my caving helmet, traffic lights and glow worm). They are ideal because they give off very little heat and last many hours. I buy them at Walmart in the light bulb section (I'm in Canada). They are the Dot it dimmables (the bigger ones) and they take 3 AA batteries and last 100 hours. I wrap it in saran wrap and just stick it in the cake. The smaller ones are colored and waterproof and are disposable. I do it the same way, but don't have to wrap them. Have fun!

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 2:46am
post #3 of 3

I have also bought them in the wedding section at Michael's, as well as on ebay. We have put them under the cake board, then run them up through the cake using a straw to keep the lights from getting frosting on the lights, and to keep the cake safe from the lights.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%