Customer Realizes What Cakes Are Worth

Decorating By cakesbybert Updated 27 Jan 2010 , 6:07pm by _Jamie_

cakesbybert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbybert Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 4:17pm
post #1 of 5

With all the posts going around about people thinking cake prices are too high- heres a new one.
The lady that had ordered the cake that was for my boss's wife's b-day http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1520803 came in to order a cake for her granddaughers birthday.
She kept going on about how she was so impressed with the other cake and said she knew that I did not charge them enough for the cake. She said she would be paying me well what this next cake is worth.
This was so great to hear, since a few days before, the sister of the boss's wife thought the cost of the cake was really high.

4 replies
patticake1951 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticake1951 Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 4:28pm
post #2 of 5

this is adorable. I love it!!!

ChristaBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChristaBaker Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 4:31pm
post #3 of 5

How wonderful to hear someone say that, when usually what we all hear is how expensive people think cakes are.

I guess people think because it is edible it shouldn't cost much. They don't stop to consider how much time, money, and skill go into a cake. What gets me is that people will balk at $5 a slice for special occasion cakes, and yet they don't think anything of spending $5-8 for a piece of cake in a restaurant (and the restaurant cake has minimal decoration and in many cases is factory made somewhere.)

And now everyone wants something like they've seen on Ace of Cakes or Cake Boss, but they have NO IDEA how much those cakes go for and they are so shocked when you tell them.

icon_sad.gif

tarheelgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarheelgirl Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 4:37pm
post #4 of 5

Awesome!! Sticker shock is happening way too much.. but at least when someone is SHOCKED by those prices you have to stand proud and know you are charging what you should! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

_Jamie_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
_Jamie_ Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 6:07pm
post #5 of 5

Absolutely darling Bert. Hearing something like that just makes your day, eh? icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%