Make My Own Version Of Sugerveil Type Substance?

Decorating By cloetzu Updated 28 Jan 2010 , 4:10am by Renaejrk

cloetzu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cloetzu Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 3:48pm
post #1 of 5

I found a post about this but for some reason it won't let me post to it.... it's telling me that the subject doesnt' exist...

so here it goes again in a new thread...

I just discovered Sugerveil but I can't get them to answer me as to if they can mail to me (in Canada) via USPS....

So instead I'd like to try this recipe for it that is here on CC, but I was hoping someone could confirm/clarify the measurements.

here is the recipe i found:

3 egg whites
1Tbsp Cream of Tartar
2lbs Powder Sugar
1 pkg Gelatin (dissolved in a little bit of water)
2 cups MM (melted)

I read that the eggs are REAL eggs, that part is fine, so is the Cream of Tarter.

As far as the Gelatin goes how many tsp or tbs is that? I've noticed various sizes of gelatin powder so want to be sure of the quantity.

And for the marshmellows - is that 2 cups of melted mm or 2 cups before melting? I read somewhere that it might actually be 4 cups of unmelted????

How long roughly do you mix (in an electric mixer?)

4 replies
peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 7:35pm
post #2 of 5

i read that to be 2 cups mm before melting

As far as the gelatin, i'm thinking its knox gelatin and it comes 4 envelopes to a 1 oz (28 gr) package. I know that one package isn't quite a tablespoon probably 2 teaspoons.

hth

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 8:39pm
post #3 of 5

Assuming the recipe writer stuck to recipe standards, that would be 2 cups prior to melting.

"2 cups melted marshmallows" would mean melt then measure.

HTH!

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 3:30am
post #4 of 5

Hi:
If developing your own doesnt work for you and you need SV, you can contact me and I can help you

Renaejrk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renaejrk Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 4:10am
post #5 of 5

The gelatin envelopes are 2 tsp each approximately.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%