Vent On Family....

Lounge By ccr03 Updated 28 Jan 2010 , 10:37pm by FullHouse

ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 5:52pm
post #1 of 14

So my bday is Sunday. And I'm just kinda annoyed. We'll do our family dinner/get together - nothing big. But it's kinda annoying because for everyone else bday I'm always the one emailing the others to figure out times and what were doing and such. Well, it just seems that they always wait until the last minute on my bday - and ask me! Dude, seriously - I'm supposed to get the stuff together for my bday???
And then I guess I'm annoyed too because that same day is a cousin's son bday (we share the same bday). Well, my mom already said we weren't going and then she says that she is going to go to at least drop off the gift.
Idk I guess since I help "instigate" all the hoopla for everyone else's bday, it would be nice if they did it for me sometimes.

Okay, I had my pity party. I usually don't, but for whatever reason I'm feeling like having one today. It's all good! icon_lol.gif

13 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 6:08pm
post #2 of 14

We all have those moments and I understand where you are coming from. Just once you'd like them to take charge, especially since it's your birthday and you should be enjoying it not stressing over it.

I'd say for your sanity go ahead and get everyone on the same page, that way you know you will have a good birthday doing what you want, rather than wait for them to plan it all last minute.

HUGS!!

ccr03 Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 6:27pm
post #3 of 14

Thanks, TexasSugar! I so didn't want to sad like a punk about it, but I'm glad you understood!

The great thing is that I know they all really care a lot and so forth. I think it's just me and my nerdy/impatient side coming out.

heycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heycake Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 6:28pm
post #4 of 14

I know exactly how you feel. My family knows by now that I will not help plan my own birthday celebration. It doesn't have to be elaborate but they have to put in the effort. I go to great lengths for all the other birthdays so I figure they owe me! icon_lol.gif

However, I did have a crying hissy fit when they dropped the ball on my baby shower. My dh said he would make the cake (Awww! so sweet) but then was running out of time and asking me how he should do everything. I finally had to remind them after a crying meltdown (hey, I WAS pregnant) that they could ask another friend who also does cakes. Duh! But why I had to tell them that I don't know! icon_lol.gificon_eek.gificon_mad.gificon_cry.gif

TexasSugar Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 6:32pm
post #5 of 14

Oh I do understand. How do you think hasn't gotten a cake or any sweets on her birthday since Grandma stopped baking decorated cakes, and who do you think always gets something on theirs? So I understand how families can be.

How was your trip?

ccr03 Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 6:56pm
post #6 of 14

omg - it was great! I'm in the Midwest and missed the worst of the bad weather! We took my nephews and niece and we were on level crazy the whole time! lol .... But in reality, I wouldn't change it for the world! They are wonderful.

TexasSugar Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 6:58pm
post #7 of 14

I'm glad you had a good trip!! Sounds like it was a blast. icon_smile.gif

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 9:21pm
post #8 of 14

Happy Birthday!

How was Mexico? I haven't seen you around the forums lately, I thought you up and eloped on us! icon_biggrin.gif

My family is pretty much the same way....I'm the family party organizer, everyone waits around for Debbie to call them.

My DH has finally taken the lead for my B-day celebrations the past few years and I love him for it. I mean I don't want or expect a party but heck a nice dinner isn't too much to ask....one that I don't have to cook preferably. icon_razz.gif

ccr03 Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 2:19pm
post #9 of 14

hahaha - Deb! I wish!!! No, I'm still hear. Although, I do think there is going to be a wedding in the family this year - my sister. As for me, I kinda came to some good conclusions. We're better friends. I know he'll always be my neighbor and someone that will always make me laugh/smile, but our plans in life are different - and that's okay with me. So we'll see what happens!

That's for the support everyone! I really think I was just having a bad day yesterday (although it is true), but it's great to know that I am not the only one!

ShelleyMJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShelleyMJ Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 3:27pm
post #10 of 14

I know how you feel. I had to bake my own bday cake this year. I'm not fussing because mine turn out much better than the grocery store cakes. Chin up and happy birthday!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 6:25pm
post #11 of 14

Birthdays are not a big deal here, so I don't have that issue. My kids know my birthday is in the winter time .... somewhere! icon_biggrin.gif So I'm VERY happy when NOTHING takes place.

But for my 50th, a pretty awesome milestone, I planned a huge cake for myself. And I knew I'd be with my fraternity guys, so I planned it to serve with one of their dinners. At some point, hubby mentioned something about he might want to do something for my 50th. (Oh right! Like he'd actually do somethign more than just TALK about "doing" anything, birthday or otherwise! Open the dictionary to "couch potato" and there's a picture of him!). But I told him, 'It's my 50th and I want it done right. What makes youi think I'd delegate that to ANYONE but me?" icon_biggrin.gif

I'm one of those "If you're not going to do it right, then get out of my way" type of people. And most people dont' do it my way, uh, I mean, right!" icon_rolleyes.gif

WendyB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WendyB Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 5:43pm
post #12 of 14

Debi:

I recently heard someone say: "Well then, do it your own wrong way".

I've now taken that line on -- it applies to a lot of situations!

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 6:21pm
post #13 of 14

I like that! "Do it your own wrong way" Good thing I do everything right every time. icon_wink.gif

FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 10:37pm
post #14 of 14

OP, I'm right there with you. I would love for DH to figure out what we are eating for one day of the year (or 2, let's throw in Mother's Day for good measure). My last birthday, I was still recovering from childbirth, yet I had to make my own cake with my older kids (9 & 7) because DH didn't have time after he had promised them he would make one with them. My sweet boys looked heartbroken (I didn't even want cake), so... there I was still sore from childbirth, a nursing baby on my hip, a toddler on my leg and trying to get my oldest to keep the hand mixer IN the batter - he didn't - Red Velvet mix (b/c that's what THEY wanted) EVERYWHERE. And guess who got to clean it up, Argh!!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%