Need A Gluten-Free Cake Recipe

Baking By cyncamp Updated 29 Jan 2010 , 4:14am by panchanewjersey

cyncamp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cyncamp Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 2:04am
post #1 of 10

Hello fellow cake baking enthusiasts. I am in need of a "yummy" gluten-free cake recipe for an upcoming order. I know they exist but I also trust CC bakers the most so if you have one, or several, please let me know.

Thank you,
Cynthia

9 replies
denetteb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
denetteb Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 3:23pm
post #2 of 10

I was looking for one a few months ago and decided to go with a mix from the local whole foods co-op. And then the cake request changed so I never made it anyway. But if you google..... gluten free cake central..... a number of threads from cake central show up. I am not tech savvy enough to link them directly here though. Hope that helps you.

KASCARLETT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KASCARLETT Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 3:39pm
post #3 of 10

You can go to www.celiac.com and find some.

jertmann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jertmann Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 10:13pm
post #4 of 10

Half my family has celiacs disease and has to eat gluten free. We've tried everything. My grandma makes a pretty good yellow cake, though its a little dry, and I don't have the recipe for it. She doesn't either, she just throws in a little of everything. Anyway, the best chocolate cake I've found is a mix. Either Pamela's or the new Betty Crocker stuff. Really good. I like it better than regular old chocolate cake. The Betty Crocker yellow cake mix is pretty good too, just not as impressive as the chocolate. Hope you find what you're looking for!

Ursula40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ursula40 Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 2:24am
post #5 of 10

I think nuts don't have gluten, could you make a hazelnut cake with no flour?

kiwigal81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kiwigal81 Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 3:22am
post #6 of 10

Or one of those flourless almond choc cakes?

megankennedy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
megankennedy Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 3:39am
post #7 of 10

PLEEEEEEEEEEEASE check out Babycakes, (cookbook name) by Erin McKenna, she's got great recipes for gluten free, and mostly sugar free recipes as well, most if not all are vegan as well. She has a bakery in NYC, great reviews, yummy stuff!

Hope this helps...

Lee-Ann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lee-Ann Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 3:52am
post #8 of 10

Hi, I've made this chocolate recipe before - it's incredibly fudgy, heavy and chocolatey - it was big hit. I covered it with a ganache.

GLUTEN FREE CHOCOLATE CAKE

Perfect for gluten-free treat for chocolate lovers! Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream, or simply dusted with icing sugar. I flour the pan using cocoa powder so it wont leave white marks on the cake and keeps it totally gluten free.

Ingredients
125g  dark chocolate, chopped
125g  butter
185g  (¾ cup) white sugar
60g  (½ cup) cocoa
3 eggs  beaten
1 tsp  vanilla essence

Preparation Method:
Preheat oven to 150⁰C. Grease pan (20cm round cake pan) and dust with cocoa powder.
Melt the chocolate and butter together in the top of a double boiler or in a basin over just simmering water.
Remove from heat and stir in sugar, cocoa, eggs and vanilla essence. Pour into prepared pan.
Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
Let cool in pan for 10 minutes then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Slices can be reheated for 20-30 seconds in the microwave before serving

auntmamie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntmamie Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 4:00am
post #9 of 10

I have to make GF cakes for work, as one manager is a celiac sufferer. This year, I made a lemon pound bundt cake - the recipe is on the Land of Lakes website. I put a lemon glaze on top. It was a tad crunchy, because of the rice flour, but the flavor was amazing.

She uses the GF mixes at the local co-op alot, and loves them.

panchanewjersey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
panchanewjersey Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 4:14am
post #10 of 10

There's a blog I follow and she has a couple of recipes that are gluten free because she has a child that has food allergies, so give it a try I'm pretty sure she has a couple of good cake recipes.....and she is a pastry chef too. Here's the link http://artofdessert.blogspot.com/

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%