Satin Ice Retail Store In Denver?

Decorating By Ruth0209 Updated 27 Jan 2010 , 1:47pm by saycheese

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 8:42pm
post #1 of 14

Hi all. I'm visiting Denver this weekend and wonder if there's a place where I can buy Satin Ice fondant at a retail outlet. Please help me if you can!!!

Thanks!

13 replies
stacyd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stacyd Posted 23 Jan 2010 , 12:32am
post #2 of 14

www.cakecrafts.com

They are located in Englewood, CO, which isn't that far from Denver.

dettdunn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dettdunn Posted 23 Jan 2010 , 12:47am
post #3 of 14

I believe the link is actually cakecrafts.net[/img]

Ruth0209 Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 1:20am
post #4 of 14

Thanks for your responses! I did find Cake Crafts and they were very helpful. I picked up some fondant and a couple of cake pans. You'll have to read the separate post I'm going to make about my adventures at the Denver airport with fondant. Yikes...

Mug-a-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mug-a-Bug Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 4:12pm
post #5 of 14

Shoot! I wish I had seen this post earlier; there was one closer. Oh, well. icon_rolleyes.gif

Sagebrush Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sagebrush Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 6:18pm
post #6 of 14

Any other cake supply stores up in the Denver area? I live in the Springs, and I haven't found any decent suppliers around here. I'd like to make a foray up to Denver, and it would be nice to know all of the ones I ought to check out so I can do it all in one go.

TIA

- Leisel

saycheese Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saycheese Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 6:48pm
post #7 of 14

I am going to try to check out cakecrafts this weekend when we are down for a dance competition. I hadn't found them in my internet search before. thanks and i will let you know...

saycheese Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 6:51pm
post #8 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagebrush

Any other cake supply stores up in the Denver area? I live in the Springs, and I haven't found any decent suppliers around here. I'd like to make a foray up to Denver, and it would be nice to know all of the ones I ought to check out so I can do it all in one go.

TIA

- Leisel

there's one in boulder...she's got a lot of boxes and boards, colors, flavorings, but don't know if it would be worth the extra travel. I can't remember the name off the top of my head.

Mug-a-Bug Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 7:28pm
post #9 of 14

I live near boulder. I was referring to Colorado Craft & Cake Supply. I haven't been there yet, but will be checking it out very soon.

saycheese Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 7:40pm
post #10 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mug-a-Bug

I live near boulder. I was referring to Colorado Craft & Cake Supply. I haven't been there yet, but will be checking it out very soon.

she can be pretty chatty... icon_wink.gif ...just to let you know.

btw...if you're up in Loveland there's a shop on the sort of west end of 34...same place as the wedding chapel. she does have satin ice and HR shortening.

Mug-a-Bug Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 8:46pm
post #11 of 14

Thanks. I can be pretty chatty myself... I'll have to make a day trip. haha I wish I had known about this place before I order all my stuff online. icon_rolleyes.gif Oh well. Thanks a bunch. Can't wait to check it out.

Ruth0209 Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 1:55am
post #12 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mug-a-Bug

Thanks. I can be pretty chatty myself... I'll have to make a day trip. haha I wish I had known about this place before I order all my stuff online. icon_rolleyes.gif Oh well. Thanks a bunch. Can't wait to check it out.

Just so you know, the only advantage you get buying at these retail outlets is that you have it in your hands when you leave. The prices are no less, and in my experience more, than ordering on-line. The stores do, after all have to pay for shipping, too, and all the other expenses related to running a store front.

So, go for the shopping experience and delight of talking to other cakers, but don't expect any cheap deals (at least not on fondant).

Mug-a-Bug Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 2:48am
post #13 of 14

Hmmmm, good to know. Sometimes it is nice to have something in your hands to see what you're getting. Thanks for the tip thumbs_up.gif

saycheese Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 1:47pm
post #14 of 14

That is true of the heavier things like fondant...but there's so much more also. and boxes and boards are still very reasonable...along with millions of colorings. I do NOT get my fondant there for that reason...but if you needed it RIGHT away...that's a benefit of like you said, walking out with it in your hands. icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%