Crusting Cream Cheese Frosting

Baking By bmarlow001 Updated 23 Jan 2010 , 5:16am by bmarlow001

bmarlow001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bmarlow001 Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 3:19am
post #1 of 9

I am making a red velvet cake but it needs to be covered in fondant... does anyone know of a crusting cream cheese frosting or something that would be good with red velvet that could go under fondant???

TIA!

8 replies
icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 3:28am
post #2 of 9

there are several recipes on this site for crusting cream cheese.. also on earlenescakes.com.. she has a very tasty one.. you will see .. that small amt of crisco or hi-ratio shortening is added.. not as good as true cream cheese recipe.. but still good.. i think tonedna has it on her site.. designmeacake.com.. of course it holds up better that true cream cheese .. that is why the shortening is added.

jlh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlh Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 3:47am
post #3 of 9
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 5:33am
post #4 of 9

..moving to Recipe Requests. icon_smile.gif

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 5:52am
post #5 of 9

I love the crusting cream cheese buttercream from designmeacake.com.

bmarlow001 Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 6:02am
post #6 of 9

Thank you so much ladies! I will definitely check these out! I bought buttercream fondant for it so i'm hoping it tastes good with the cream cheese frosting and red velvet icon_smile.gif we shall see icon_razz.gif

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 6:10am
post #7 of 9

Okay, I have a question -- the cream cheese frosting, does it need to be refrigerated? I have nightmares about the health dept... icon_rolleyes.gif

bmarlow001 Posted 23 Jan 2010 , 4:08am
post #8 of 9

I would definitely think so... I don't make red velvet cakes too often but when I do I keep them in the fridge until I hand it over icon_smile.gif better be safe than sorry icon_wink.gif

bmarlow001 Posted 23 Jan 2010 , 5:16am
post #9 of 9

I have to thank the person that said referred me to Designmeacake.com .... WOW! I have been on her web page for about the past 2 hours watching her videos and looking at her recipes and galleries icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%