Mad At Myself..put The Wrong Age On Top Of Cake.grrr

Lounge By Kiddiekakes Updated 23 Jan 2010 , 2:57pm by Kiddiekakes

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 2:38am
post #1 of 6

Hi Everyone,

I am so mad at myself I could scream icon_mad.gificon_mad.gif ,I had a larger cake go out today and had it all nice and awesome and the lady arrived to pick it up and .....I had the number 13 on top in big fondant letters instead of 10 icon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gif I had it written down in 2 spots..my order book and my order calender and sure enough had 13 written down..The email shows 10... icon_cry.gif I almost died...so I quickly thought..."What do I do?" I pulled out the fondant and rolled out a number zero and set it on wax paper under a 6 inch circle and sent it home with her to replace the 3 when the zero dried tomorrow...I am so mad at myself.... thumbsdown.gif I'm just hoping it will be dry enough so it can stand up on the top with the loops etc...She wasn't mad cause I offered to send home a replacement but she will sure be pissed if it isn't dry tomorrow... icon_redface.gif

I can't believe I did this.... icon_rolleyes.gif I'm a Virgo..we are Perfectionists... icon_wink.gificon_wink.gif

Some days I just wanna crawl in a hole....LOL

5 replies
Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 3:20am
post #2 of 6

We've all been there. I'm sorry for you though!

But hey, look on the bright side....and you may ask "is there a bright side?"...yes....you could have covered the entire cake with "13" at least it was only 1 big one! icon_wink.gif

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 3:22am
post #3 of 6

Surely to goodness it will be dry enough by tomorrow. I hate that for you though. I did that once in bc on a bc cake. It was hard to fix, but thankfully the mom told me when she picked it up and is a real sweetheart. Don't loose too much sleep. I've used fondant letters on sticks that hadn't dried for any longer than that.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 4:00am
post #4 of 6

I was a Coke collector. I came across a "special edition" coke bottle with the year 2001 on it. I bought it for my son because he graduated in 2001. He took it and said, "That's nice, mom, but I graduated in 2002!"

icon_redface.gif I don't even know the year my son graduated! icon_redface.gif

At least yours was for a stranger AND it was fixable!

Anyone wanna buy a coke bottle with 2001 on it? icon_lol.gif

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 23 Jan 2010 , 1:14pm
post #5 of 6

Did it work kiddiekakes? Did you hear from her?

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 23 Jan 2010 , 2:57pm
post #6 of 6

Nope..I guess no news is good news...She is the type of customer who would have emailed too....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%