Problems With Buttercream Dream Recipe

Baking By MARTIEQZ Updated 5 Feb 2010 , 10:16pm by MARTIEQZ

MARTIEQZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MARTIEQZ Posted 21 Jan 2010 , 9:31pm
post #1 of 5

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have been using the BC Dream recipe found here for at least 2 years and I love it...so do my customers. It always crusted great.
I needed help with a big order, so I had my cousin helping me out this week. She made some batches for me, but they will not crust.
I have been researching this and have found that she may have overwhipped it, or even that the new Crisco with 0 Trans Fat has contributed to this dilemma. Since she made 8 batches, I was wondering if anyone has any idea on how to fix this so it does crust regardless of the reason.

Anyone else having trouble with this "new" Crisco?

I am also currently googling a source of hi ratio shortening? Any tips?

4 replies
joyfullysweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joyfullysweet Posted 21 Jan 2010 , 10:38pm
post #2 of 5

Hmmm...not sure if would work but maybe you can try and add meringue powder?

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 21 Jan 2010 , 10:54pm
post #3 of 5

I always use this receipe and have never had any problems with it. I use the "new" crisco so I doubt that is the culprit. Did your friend follow the receipe just as it was written? Is it humid where you are? I would add some meringue powder....and see what happens. Good luck!!

jendardis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jendardis Posted 21 Jan 2010 , 11:08pm
post #4 of 5

I always use the Buttercream Dream recipe and never have had a problem. I use the new crisco too, so not sure what happened. Great idea to try meringue powder.

MARTIEQZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MARTIEQZ Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 10:16pm
post #5 of 5

You were right! She measured wrong! Thank goodness all it took was adding more sugar.
Thank you all!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%