Making Your Own Birthday Cake!

Decorating By Jennzoe333 Updated 23 Jan 2010 , 2:13am by Cattibrie

Jennzoe333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jennzoe333 Posted 21 Jan 2010 , 2:02am
post #1 of 32

I made my own birthday cake this year! It was SO fun to make a cake just for me in a design that I chose all on my own! I think it came out way cute!

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1562646

31 replies
morgs2485 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morgs2485 Posted 21 Jan 2010 , 2:58am
post #2 of 32

Wow! Very cuteicon_smile.gif

ayerim979 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ayerim979 Posted 21 Jan 2010 , 3:05am
post #3 of 32

Your cake is very nice, You did a great job, you should be very proud

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 21 Jan 2010 , 3:08am
post #4 of 32

Its adorable! You had that big of a party? haha nice!!!!

I usually don't get birthday cake unless I beg for an ice cream cake. icon_cry.gif

sugarandslice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarandslice Posted 21 Jan 2010 , 3:38am
post #5 of 32

I know the feeling; I loved making my birthday cake this year. I got to try out a structure I'd been wanting to do for ages and made it a portfolio piece.
Here's mine:
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1548050

Yours is really lovely. If I hadn't done the 'overhang' I was going to give the topsy turvey a try - maybe next year!

Jennzoe333 Posted 21 Jan 2010 , 3:44am
post #6 of 32

Ha ha ha.. No, I didn't have a big party! The bottom 3 tiers are dummies.. only the 6 inch on top is actually cake. However, it's Minty Melon Mojito pound cake, and I think I was almost drunk from it! LOL

I personally enjoyed rendering myself with gigantic boobs and a tiny waist...lol... hey, a girl can dream, right?

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 21 Jan 2010 , 3:59am
post #7 of 32

That is really cute. And it gives me the idea of making myself a size 3 again in a fondant figure. icon_biggrin.gif

Jennzoe333 Posted 21 Jan 2010 , 4:02am
post #8 of 32

sugar and slice, your birthday cake came out SO CUTE! Yes LaBella, all of my plastic surgery dreams come true in gumpaste and fondant! LOL

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 21 Jan 2010 , 2:01pm
post #9 of 32

Both of those cakes are fantastic!!! I turn 50 in March. Maybe I'll make myself a special cake . . . if I'm not in too deep a depression icon_cry.gificon_lol.gif

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 21 Jan 2010 , 2:18pm
post #10 of 32

Oh come on JGMB, it can't be that bad. Besides, they 30's are the new 20's, so techinically your turning 40!!!! YEAH!!!

ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 21 Jan 2010 , 3:47pm
post #11 of 32

Both cakes are wonderful! Jennzoe333, love how bright and cheery your is, and I really want to try a cantilevered cake like sugarandslice's.

pattigunter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattigunter Posted 21 Jan 2010 , 4:12pm
post #12 of 32

I didnt make myself a birthday cake this year and my 4 year old granddaughter cried! Evidently to a 4 year old birthdays are all about the cake!!

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 12:43am
post #13 of 32
Quote:
Quote:

Evidently to a 4 year old birthdays are all about the cake!!

Um, I'm a 48 year old and to me birthdays are all about the cake! icon_smile.gif

alliebear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alliebear Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 1:10am
post #14 of 32

my birthday is next week and i want to make my own... but alas i am forbidden as someone wants to make one for me and if i made my own its apparently not the same. i mean i am a pastry chef... should i not be expected to make some sort of sweet confection for my own birthday?

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 1:13am
post #15 of 32

The cake looks great! The details on the figure is AMAZING, WOW.

cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 2:55am
post #16 of 32

Your cake is so bright and beautfiful! Made my own this year too - much simpler than yours, though. I had never done it before and it was great. I could make exactly what I wanted. Cause it is all about ME on my b-day! icon_smile.gif
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1552537

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 3:31am
post #17 of 32

Oooh, I'm lovin' that boot cake!!! thumbs_up.gif

Jennzoe333 Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 5:01am
post #18 of 32

Thanks Rylan. Coming from you that means a lot! All of your cakes are amazing!

Chippi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chippi Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 5:24am
post #19 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcee

Quote:
Quote:

Evidently to a 4 year old birthdays are all about the cake!!

Um, I'm a 48 year old and to me birthdays are all about the cake! icon_smile.gif

I just turned 46 on the 1st and I'm all about the cake!!! Here's mine lol
LL

Jennzoe333 Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 5:39am
post #20 of 32

ADORABLE!!!!

Chippi Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 5:54am
post #21 of 32

Thanks was lotsa fun icon_smile.gif

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 6:17am
post #22 of 32

That cake looks fabulous!!! My favorite story about one who did her own birthday cake was Melvira -- she did a simple round cake and wrote "I'm old" on it! icon_lol.gif (Not to be confused with the one she did another time which read "it's late, I'm tired, here's your cake.") icon_biggrin.gif

Chippi Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 6:22am
post #23 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwonderbuns

"I'm old" on it! icon_lol.gif (Not to be confused with the one she did another time which read "it's late, I'm tired, here's your cake.") icon_biggrin.gif

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif hilarious!

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 11:48pm
post #24 of 32

Chippi, I think I left a comment on your cake when you posted it. It's gorgeous. I think I'll start on my next birthday and make my own, too!

giraffe11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
giraffe11 Posted 23 Jan 2010 , 12:19am
post #25 of 32

All of your cakes are so much fun!!! I always make my own birthday cake too....and I can try something new! or a new flavor or whatever.....
Here is my 40th:

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1405136

(Sorry, I couldn't get it to show up here in the message!)

Anyway, Happy Birthday Y'all!

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 23 Jan 2010 , 12:26am
post #26 of 32

Definitely, "Way Cute"!. And good for you to do so much work and such a great job for yourself. Most of us would just throw some frosting on top for ourselves, if that. Good for you.

Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 23 Jan 2010 , 12:28am
post #27 of 32

Happy Birthday or Belated Birthday to all of you lovely ladies, All of your cakes are awesome, amazing, fabulous, and stunning, I hope I can make myself such a beautiful cake for my birthday.

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 23 Jan 2010 , 12:32am
post #28 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMB

Both of those cakes are fantastic!!! I turn 50 in March. Maybe I'll make myself a special cake . . . if I'm not in too deep a depression icon_cry.gificon_lol.gif

Make the cake and have fun. I hit 50 a few years ago. I expected something dreadful, and then it was here and not so bad. It also helped that my siblings and I took up a tradition my dad's siblings did. As each turned 50, the rest took them out for a big dinner. When we began it, we started with my sister and it was a surprise dinner with all the family in tow. My older brother was told, but we still did it. My turn, and hubby got with my brothers and planned it ahead of time to be able to surprise me. Then for my younger brother we did the surprise at his house. He came home from work to the whole family there and a huge spread. I did his cake, it's the golf cake in my photos. Maybe because of our parties it turned out not so bad, and pretty good. (btw, on the day of my birthday, hubby and I spent the day making a full size electric chair. Now how many people do you know that can say that?! LOL)

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 23 Jan 2010 , 12:57am
post #29 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwonderbuns

That cake looks fabulous!!! My favorite story about one who did her own birthday cake was Melvira -- she did a simple round cake and wrote "I'm old" on it! icon_lol.gif (Not to be confused with the one she did another time which read "it's late, I'm tired, here's your cake.") icon_biggrin.gif

Awww, thanks Bob!! But, don't forget the year I got the cake all iced and smoothed and just ran out of steam so I bordered it and wrote, "Ahhh, screw it!"

My favorite birthday cake for myself though was a joint effort with Nancy from Nancy's Fancy Cookies and Cakes. She made the cookie topper and mailed it to me, and I made the cake before seeing the topper!

http://www.sweetcakesonline.net/MelviraCake.jpg

cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 23 Jan 2010 , 1:17am
post #30 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by giraffe11

All of your cakes are so much fun!!! I always make my own birthday cake too....and I can try something new! or a new flavor or whatever.....
Here is my 40th:

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1405136

(Sorry, I couldn't get it to show up here in the message!)

Anyway, Happy Birthday Y'all!

Gorgeous and elegant - happy b-day to you too! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%