Biggest Loser Fans?

Lounge By TexasSugar Updated 10 Feb 2010 , 2:39pm by TexasSugar

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 20 Jan 2010 , 9:25pm
post #1 of 27

So who else watches this show? I still get sucked in even though I'm dissapointed the show is going more for the drama (leta have two twins that weigh almost 1000lbs and our biggest guy ever at over 500lbs).

I didn't get to watch the first episode so I'm still learning the players but I can say there are two teams that are not my favorites. The White Team and the Red Team.

I'm hoping that Michael does better with his mother off the show. I think they needed to be seperated and lets see if he steps up and really makes the effort to lose more weight.

Who believed that the Red woman, sorry don't know her name, really only lost -1lb after gaining 2lbs last week? I'm not buying it and can't wait to see what Julian and Bob say to her next week.

26 replies
Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 20 Jan 2010 , 9:47pm
post #2 of 27

LOVE Biggest Loser!!

Did you see the previews for next weeks show? The red team woman (can't remember her name either) weighs in at 185lbs, that's a 30lb weight loss in 1 week icon_eek.gif

Oh yeah, she's definitely playing the game....she's probably sneaking food or drinking tons of water before the weigh in.

I agree about Michael....he's your typical 35 yr old bachelor living at home with Mommy spoiling him rotten. I hope he steps it up now, his life depends on it.

How about the "drama" with the green team daughter Migdalia I think it is....I thought she was gonna punch Jillian last night when Jillian was getting in her face.

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 21 Jan 2010 , 5:07am
post #3 of 27

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, ABSOLUTELY LOVE the Biggest Loser. I have missed the last 2 weeks and have no idea whats going on. I so wanted to see what the deal was with the -1 weight loss epsiode, but I missed it! icon_cry.gif I, personally, think the show is really inspirational.

Deb_ Posted 21 Jan 2010 , 1:00pm
post #4 of 27

Hey Bella, did you know you can watch episodes on NBC.com? Of course that will take away from spending time on CC with us gals! icon_biggrin.gif

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 21 Jan 2010 , 2:17pm
post #5 of 27

NO! Wow, this is a tough one, catch up on the Biggest Loser or stay on C.C. hmmm, oh wait a minute, I can open a second window! Yeah. i know a little bit about how the internet works...a real little bit. Thanks D!

JustToEatCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustToEatCake Posted 21 Jan 2010 , 3:11pm
post #6 of 27

Oh wow I didn't even know it was already back on! I love that show. Thanks for the heads up!

TexasSugar Posted 21 Jan 2010 , 3:23pm
post #7 of 27

I do think the show is inspirational. Obviously since more and more people want to get on it and more and more people are trying to lose weight at home. I just think that it could go either way. I can see a 400lb person sitting at home and trying to lose weight and only losing a few pounds and being disappointed that it isn't the double digits they do on the ranch. I miss the days on the show where double digits were rare, not common place.

Deb, I saw where they showed red woman on the scale but didn't see how much she had lost. I'm not surprised she lost that much if she was throwing the weigh ins. And I hope it pisses the rest of the people off and they vote her out first chance they get.

There was another guy that did that a few years ago. Gained weight on a week when his didn't count then lost 17 or 19 the next week (again back when that was a really big number to lose).

I didn't see the first of the conversation with Migdalia. I did see her walking off and Julian following her and I thought she was gonna punch her too. I also saw where Bob was talking to her. I know that being in a situation like that digs up all kinds of emotions but you do have to deal with those as you lose weight.

Common sense says if your mom is heavy and you are heavy and neither of you know how to eat properly nor exercise chances are you are going to pass the same on to your kids. If you don't know how to eat properly, how can you teach them? I don't think it makes you a bad parent at all. Now I don't think the mother is completely to blame for the daughters weight either, but we usually do what we learn and watch others doing.

I'm glad she stayed and didn't leave the show.

BREN28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BREN28 Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 3:50pm
post #8 of 27

texassugar,my husband and i love this show also! i agree with you,red team lady pissed me off to,and i don't understand why would you want to do this? why eat or drink more before a weigh in? the purpose is to lose weight. now, what if the grey team had picked the red team to switch student and teacher and then her weight would have counted,and they would be sending one the red team home.(which i kinda wished they had gotten picked to switch,but understand why they pick white team,wake up call to him to work harder) i was also mad at green team lady,she needs to quite acting like she's so tough,and just listen to what jillian is telling her,for her own good! i do love to see how much each person lose's at each weigh in,when they lose a good amount, im so excited for them! can't wait to see next week's show!

TexasSugar Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 4:14pm
post #9 of 27

Who else was yelling at the screen last night?

I wish Migdalia didn't give up and just tell them to send her home and I'm disappointed in Miggy for not standing up and saying my daughter needs to be here, send me instead, like the two other mothers did. Migdalia to me was like Michael, she needed to be there with out the mother.

I'm so annoyed with the Red Team. I really hope they do not get emunity next week. They need to be taken down a few pegs. She is so fake and like my friend pointed out, can cry at the drop of a dime. She was just as happy as a little hen at the weigh in wasn't she? I can't figure out if the husband is in on it, or is just clueless on how she is playing the game.

I'm really loving the gray team and I like teh brown guy, Jon and the purple girl.? I want to see them go to the end.

BREN28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BREN28 Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 7:06pm
post #10 of 27

oh yah,the red team had my husband and i very icon_mad.gif !! i felt bad for the green team,but i think they let the red team get into thier head,and being mad or stressed about it took a toll on the amount of weight that they lost. the green team was fuming though,weren't they? grey team's doing great,they always working out hard! for next week,i didn't hear what was being said,was somebody having chest pains or something? is that why they called the ambulance?

TexasSugar Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 7:37pm
post #11 of 27

I know they called 911, but they didn't give any information about it really. And they said something about thre being no vote for the elimanation. I'm not sure if that means something happened to someone medically and they can't continue or if one of the teams of one was below the line. I hate teasers like that!

I just read Ali's blog, apparently there was alot more said at the weigh in than showed. Red girl will keep saying that they would have been below the line anyway, even with out the 2lbs, but having that loom over their head I'm sure didn't help either.

Deb_ Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 8:49pm
post #12 of 27

They totally manipulated the audience into thinking that the red team girl lost almost 30 lbs this week. When they showed the previews last week they showed her on the scale and 185lbs on the screen. I was shocked when she had only lost 11lbs.

I hate that they're turning this show into a drama saga.....it's a great show without all that BS.

I think Jon from the brown team goes to the hospital. If you notice the room they show only has 1 bed in it. Of course it could be the white team guy too since he's alone.

They could be setting us up for another twist and turn. Oh well.

I really wanted Miggy to be sent home. She seems very vindictive and unwilling to mingle or get close to anyone else in the house.

TexasSugar Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 6:35pm
post #13 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb_

I hate that they're turning this show into a drama saga.....it's a great show without all that BS.

I totally agree!

TexasSugar Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 3:56pm
post #14 of 27

Ohhhh I so wanted red to be below that line. I have a feeling they are going to be there for a while.

I really love purple girl. I love how she took charge on the treadmill and encouraged Sunshine, telling her she could do it. That was very inspiring.

I'm also impressed that Miggy walked as much as she did after the surgery. She stepped up this week.

And of course I'm sad that Jon went home. I was yelling at the TV agian on that one! Thank goodness I don't have close neighbors, though my cat and dog looked at my funny.

cakesbycathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycathy Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 5:10pm
post #15 of 27

I am liking the show less and less. I'm sorry but someone has MAJOR surgery and they don't get immunity for the week? icon_confused.gif
And they are walking 13 miles the day AFTER the surgery? icon_eek.gificon_confused.gificon_eek.gif
I can't believe she actually lost weight after they pumped an extra 9 lbs fo water into her. I don't really like Miggy, but I did feel really bad for her last night.

I'm also ready for red to go home.
I"ve just really become unhappy with how the show has changed over the years.

Mug-a-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mug-a-Bug Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 4:32pm
post #16 of 27

I'm started to get annoyed with all the over-the-top advertising. Oh, all you need to do is eat Jenny-O and chew Extra gum!! Oh, and put your leftovers in a ziplock. icon_confused.gif

giraffe11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
giraffe11 Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 9:51pm
post #17 of 27

Actually, the advertising is alot more subtle this season than the previous 2. They actually toned it down in response to viewer feedback. They'll never get rid of it totally though. It's how they make their money. Someone has to pay for the trainers and the ranch and all of their trips and makeovers......
I know it's annoying, but it had been a lot worse!
Looking forward to tonight's show.

Deb_ Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 10:03pm
post #18 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesbycathy

I'm sorry but someone has MAJOR surgery and they don't get immunity for the week? icon_confused.gif
And they are walking 13 miles the day AFTER the surgery? icon_eek.gificon_confused.gificon_eek.gif
I can't believe she actually lost weight after they pumped an extra 9 lbs fo water into her. I don't really like Miggy, but I did feel really bad for her last night.

I couldn't believe she didn't get immunity too.

My great-niece had her appendix removed through a couple of 1" incisions in her stomach, I couldn't believe it. She was back at school 3 days later. Just how big is the appendix anyway? icon_confused.gif

So maybe Miggy had it done this way too.

cakesbycathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycathy Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 10:09pm
post #19 of 27

I had my gallbladder out and recovering from that was worse than giving birth (not kidding). I guess the appendix is not so bad?

I agree about the commercials though. They aren't quite as bad as last season.

giraffe11 Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 10:10pm
post #20 of 27

Yeah, appendix is usually outpatient surgery now, I think. I know a few people who have had it and never spent the night in the hospital. I can't believe she was working so hard right after, though......you know she must've had some pain.

TexasSugar Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 10:16pm
post #21 of 27

My nephew had his removed last year after it rupurted. He was out of the hospital in like 3 days but couldn't do much in PE for the next 6 weeks.

I think she should have atleast gotten a week repreive as well. Maybe they weight them in secret before and knew it wasn't an issue? Who knows?

Some of the other people have injuries that keep them from doing certain training stuff, so maybe there is a rule in the games about it?

Lets hope Red gets in the bottom this week!

giraffe11 Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 10:28pm
post #22 of 27

Oh, they do weigh them all in ahead of time. Tht is how they set the order of the weigh-in each night for maximum dramatic effect. That is also why the scale they show on tv goes randomly up and down so many times (also, adding to the dramatic effect). It is not a real scale at all, but just made for drama and tv.....smoke and mirrors, people.
The contestants are all weighed in ahead of time on a real (non-televised) scale, but they are not told their weights, so they will be surpirsed and stressed along with the tv audience. Then the show producers decide what order the host will call them up onto the make believe scale in front of everyone and they have it set to land on the number of their actual weight.
Also, their "week" is not 7 days. It can be anywhere from 7 -12 days, generally. Sometimes, you will catch this on the televised show, later in the season......when the host will slip and say in "X" days or in "X" weeks.....you've accomplished something......sometimes she'll say the real number of days, instead of the "official" number of days being told to the tv audience.

These things have all come out over the seasons from previous contestnts. They are not really secrets anymore. I don't know why they don't get more honest with the time frame though. It's still impressive to lose 100 pounds, whether you do it in 7 weeks or 10!

Deb_ Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 3:45am
post #23 of 27

Interesting turn of events for the red team eh? I guess she wasn't lying after all.

I can't believe she didn't take the opportunity to say that to Jillian and Bob while she was still on the scale.

giraffe11 Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 4:25am
post #24 of 27

I'm still not convinced she wasn't lying before. But whatever. I have to admit, I wasn't super sorry to see her go. I hate when they don't tell you who's eliminated until next week though. How annoying!!! I still don't have any favorites. I really like Sunshine. Her personality seems to totally fit her name. And I like the Tongans. Funny.....I liked the Tongans last season too. But I don't have any clear-cut super favorites. Maybe in a few more weeks.

Deb_ Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 1:53pm
post #25 of 27

I feel the same way, I'm not really connecting with anyone in this group yet either.

It won't be on now until after the Olympics....but at least we'll have that to watch.

giraffe11 Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 1:56pm
post #26 of 27

Oh, I forgot about the Olympics!! So, that's probably why they made a "to be continued".....to try to make sure we come back to it. I love the Olympics though, so I'll enjoy watching that for a couple of weeks.

TexasSugar Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 2:39pm
post #27 of 27

I'm with giraffe, I'm still not convienced she wasn't lying before either. Alot of the women didn't lose high numbers and I'm guessing getting away from the ranch, around more foods, and out of the strict exercise routines she screwed up. Plus you have travel that will add water weight as well.

We will never know for sure if she really was lying or not. She isn't going to go back and say she was. And I don't care, I'm just glad she is gone. icon_smile.gif

I had called my mom cause I knew they weren't home to watch it to tell her about it. I'm not partial to either Cheryl or Darrell, so either can go and I'd be okay with it.

I still really like the gray team and the purple girl. Sunshine does seem like she has a great personality as well. Guess we have to wait and see what happens next on the show.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%