Cake Ball Shelf Life Info??

Decorating By chicago1 Updated 21 Jan 2010 , 11:42pm by motherofgrace

chicago1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chicago1 Posted 20 Jan 2010 , 8:45pm
post #1 of 3

I haven't been able to find the topic in the forum so I thought I'd put it out there.

Does anyone know how long cake balls are good for? I made some Sunday, and distributed them on Tuesday. I have extras left coated in chocolate but I wasn't sure if I should still give those out, it is now Wednesday.

I also have some cake balls still frozen (not covered yet) that I plan to cover in chocolate tomorrow. How long do you think they would be good for?

Thanks for your help. This is the second time I've made them and I have a few people who put in some orders already!

2 replies
CakeyKerry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeyKerry Posted 21 Jan 2010 , 11:29pm
post #2 of 3

Oooh! I've just come on here to find out this exact thing! I'm thinking of putting some into pretty boxes and wrapping them in ribbon to sell for Valentine's day, so I need to know what the 'consume by' date is on cake balls. I make mine from chocolate mud cake and chocolate buttercream and cover them in belgian chocolate (yup, there's a WHOLE lotta chocolate in them!)

Also do the cake balls have to be 'naked' to be frozen, or is it ok to freeze them after they have been covered in chocolate? And how long do they keep in the freezer?

motherofgrace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
motherofgrace Posted 21 Jan 2010 , 11:42pm
post #3 of 3

you have come to the right place, here is the cake ball thread http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=658476&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

please read through that!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%