Renting A Kitchen

Business By cupcakers Updated 20 Jan 2010 , 3:42am by lilthorner

cupcakers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakers Posted 20 Jan 2010 , 1:27am
post #1 of 3

I have been thinking about renting a kitchen so maybe one day I can build enough business to open my own bakery. I am in Calif. bay area by Concord, Antioch area. Does anyone out there have any idea what the pricing is like?? Thank you all!

2 replies
windemire Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
windemire Posted 20 Jan 2010 , 2:06am
post #2 of 3

Most of the shared kitchens seems to be $25 - $35 an hour; some have a 2 or 3 hour minimum.

All of the places I've seen require you to have your own health permit, business license, and insurance policy.

The only kitchens I've found in your general area are in Emeryville and San Francisco, but I'll bet you'd be able to find something in old-town Walnut Creek, since there seems to be a small eatery in every available nook and cranny. Depends on how aggresively you want to be in contacting the owners.

I lived in Antioch for 7 years, before moving to the Sacramento area...if you can't find anything more locally, the two established kitchens in Emeryville and SF aren't too bad a drive.

lilthorner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilthorner Posted 20 Jan 2010 , 3:42am
post #3 of 3

there is (still maybe?) a place in Richmond. Emeryville is the cheapest I believe.. you are required to have insurance and licenses, etc u get a better price if you rent on a monthly basis as opposed to by the hour.

check with local churches, some may have licensed kitchens to serve food to the public. also check with restaurants lil mom and pops that may not be open late..

also check with the Contra Costa County on their regulations.. every county differs.. example napa county requires you to pay a fee of about 300/year for a helath permit, even if you are renting a kitchen that has a health permit.. they permit the actual business. Solano County only requires a form signed by the company you are renting from that says you will be utilizing the location.. no additional fees...they permit the location..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%