Beer Bottles? Ice?

Sugar Work By loopilu Updated 17 Jan 2010 , 6:12pm by JennS

loopilu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loopilu Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 2:56pm
post #1 of 5

I have seen a growing number of cakes on cc which are beer bottles in a bucket of ice. Have I missed a tutorial on how to do this? Could anyone direct me please icon_wink.gif

4 replies
Jayde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jayde Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 4:57pm
post #2 of 5

Mine, in my photos, was an order for an actual working beer bucket. They wanted real beer and not sugar beer bottles, which is an option as well. But I havent really messed with sugar work just yet.

I cut a large circle out of the middle of a stack of large cake rounds, I think I used 14 inchers. And stuck a styrofoam bucket in the middle of the cakes (think like a strofoam fishing bucket, new and cleaned of course). And cut it so that the top of the bucket was flush with the top of the cake.

I covered the cake in white fondant and 'glued' the GP "wooden" panels to the sides. I added a rusty looking iron band with rivets to complete the look.

For inside the bucket, I used plastic ice cubes, real beer, and then hard rock candy to represent ice on top. The entire cake weighed almost 100 lbs, but the bachelor party guys loved it.

Jayde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jayde Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 5:03pm
post #3 of 5

Here, that way you dont have to go through all of the photos...
LL

loopilu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loopilu Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 7:15pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks jayde, your cake looks wicked, but would like to know how to make the bottles and ice edible, do you or anyone else know how?

JennS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JennS Posted 17 Jan 2010 , 6:12pm
post #5 of 5

Here's a link to the huge thread about it:

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-147691.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%