Silver Cake Stand~Good Deal??

Decorating By AfordRN Updated 16 Jan 2010 , 3:10am by julzs71

AfordRN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AfordRN Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 4:22pm
post #1 of 11

I found these silver cake stands, square or round and thought they were a good deal. I have seen them for well over $100 before. This is a 18" square for $79 and shipping is just $5! I ordered a round and square. Thought I'd share so others can get a good deal too. 3 rentals and it is paid for!

http://www.efavormart.com/18squaresilvercakeplateau.aspxhare.

10 replies
ladybug76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladybug76 Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 4:43pm
post #2 of 11

Wowzers!!! There was a whole bunch of goodies on that site that I would love to order!! Thanks for sharing!! thumbs_up.gif
~ Jaime

arosstx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arosstx Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 5:09pm
post #3 of 11

Best prices I've seen online for stands. And the shipping is cheap too. Great find, thanks for sharing.

AfordRN Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 5:25pm
post #4 of 11

Your welcome! I don't have any weddings til May, but bought the round and square 18" just in case they ran out. Shipping was only $4.95 combined. I opened the square to see if they were of good quality and they are very nice. Sturdy too. I tried to bend the feet on it and wouldn't budge. Wanted to be sure it wasn't some flimsy type stand.

saycheese Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saycheese Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 5:51pm
post #5 of 11

you know... icon_wink.gif ...i don't know about tarnishing or not...but hobby lobby has the round plateaus...probably 14 inches...haven't measured...they are normally $50 and they have a 40% off coupon every other week. but they are in the wedding section NOT with the cake decorating supplies.

AfordRN Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 6:16pm
post #6 of 11

That sounds like a good deal too, but I was wanting the bigger stand.

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 6:47pm
post #7 of 11

That site is AWESOME! The shipping cost is just grreat!

arosstx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arosstx Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 7:56pm
post #8 of 11

I ordered the 18" square. Been wanting one for a while. Can't wait to get it. Thanks again!

AfordRN Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 8:42pm
post #9 of 11

Your welcome! I'm glad I shared the site. icon_biggrin.gif

anotherslice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anotherslice Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 2:45am
post #10 of 11

Thank you for the heads up. I decided to get the 18 inch round for a future wedding cake. Can't beat the shipping cost!

julzs71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julzs71 Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 3:10am
post #11 of 11

Someone on here ordered one from that site. Can't remember who. It was over a year ago. They said it wasn't a good one. I think there was a mark on it and that it was thin. They didn't like it much. Maybe they got a different supplier.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%