Rolled Buttercream For Cookies

Decorating By hugs28 Updated 15 Jan 2010 , 3:46am by hugs28

hugs28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hugs28 Posted 14 Jan 2010 , 10:14pm
post #1 of 5

ok I have read some here used rolled buttercream for cookies. I am wondering how exactly to use this. I know with the fondant I was using when the cookies came out of the oven. What about the RBC? Also how long does it take to dry so they can be placed in bags. This is the first time I will be using this. I did make it and it tastes wonderful. TIA

4 replies
FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 14 Jan 2010 , 11:38pm
post #2 of 5

So you didn't find it too greasy to work with?? Man, it must be me!

hugs28 Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 1:25am
post #3 of 5

well I have not actually put it on the cookies yet. I am doing that tomorrow. You think its greasy? I thought it was kinda greasy, but how will it be on the cookies? I have never used it before

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 1:47am
post #4 of 5

I found it so greasy & hard to work with I never even put it on my cookies...I had already read that it was really difficult trying to cover a cake with it, but for cookies, lots of people were doing it.

I think it takes a day for the greasiness to dry out enough to be able to package...also, there's one recipe here that includes cake flour...I always wanted to try that...I figured it would be less greasy with the flour absorbing some of it.

Please post back about your results...I'm interested to know how it turns out for you.

hugs28 Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 3:46am
post #5 of 5

hmmmmm not so sure I want to try it now lol. If I have enough cookie dough left over from my order, maybe I will try it out lol, not sure I want to for my order. Don't need icky cookies haha. thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%