Airbrush Guns And The Number Of Ccs That Is Best

Decorating By amywood20 Updated 14 Jan 2010 , 2:49am by cdgleason

amywood20 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amywood20 Posted 14 Jan 2010 , 1:07am
post #1 of 4

I just purchased my first airbrush gun and wanted to see what the thought was about how many ccs of paint a good airbrush gun should hold. I thought what I bought was good, as I found the link to it on this site but now I am not sure. It holds 2 ccs of paint. Is that enough to cover a cake or will that only hold enough paint to do little detail work? I will return it and get something different if what I have really is not big enough. I am so new to all of this and need some help! If what I have is likely to hold too little, any suggestions on another kind (brand, model, etc) and the ideal amount of ccs to look for. Thanks so much!

3 replies
cdgleason Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cdgleason Posted 14 Jan 2010 , 1:18am
post #2 of 4

I just got an air brush machine for Christmas, and it didn't come with ANY instructions!
I can't wait to see the responses you get... because I would love to know, too!!

I've worked a little , with an airbrush machine when I worked at a small cake shop, and I know that we continually had to refill the reservoir.... it was the kind that if you tip your hand too far too the side, you spill all of the coloring onto your new shoes or new clothes or the floor!! *~*

amywood20 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amywood20 Posted 14 Jan 2010 , 2:32am
post #3 of 4

The one I purchased is like that in which there is no lid or anything. It too did not come with instructions, as they said they were trying to go "green." They do have some technical info on their Web site.

This is the link to the airbrush gun I purchased...again not really knowing anything about these things. Honest feedback by anyone who knows more about these things than me is greatly appreciated!
http://galaxyairbrush.com/Airbrushes/gd200_ga.htm

cdgleason Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cdgleason Posted 14 Jan 2010 , 2:49am
post #4 of 4

thanks for posting the info, Amy! I can't wait to check it out, heck, I can't wait to learn anything that applies to airbrushing!!
If I don't get some info soon, I'm going to airbrush my dogs!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%