Cake Suggestions - 35 Year Old Man's Birthday!!!

Decorating By Sweet_Treatz Updated 15 Jan 2010 , 7:32pm by cherrycakes

Sweet_Treatz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Treatz Posted 13 Jan 2010 , 7:09pm
post #1 of 8

I just received a call from a customer wanting a cake for her husbands 35th birthday but she gave me no clues as to want she wants.

She says her husband has no favorite anything so she wants me to do whatever.

Please help me I have no idea what to do for this ladies husband.

7 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 13 Jan 2010 , 7:12pm
post #2 of 8

.moving to Ideas forum. icon_smile.gif

DeeDelightful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeeDelightful Posted 13 Jan 2010 , 7:17pm
post #3 of 8

I think i'd ask her one more time, if she has any ideas. I guarantee if you do something he doesn't like, you will be hearing from her, although she has given you no input. Otherwise, do a layer cake or sheetcake decorated in masculine colors, Happy Birthday and his name on it.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 13 Jan 2010 , 7:20pm
post #4 of 8

most men like geometric patterns.......there are some actual scientific studies about the make-up of their brain as to why they like it....but most do!

I would go with something like that....stripes or blocks or something to that effect.

Otherwise, ask her if he likes chocolate? Most "manly" cakes are made with chocolate, and you get a darker more masculine looking cake.

Here are a couple cakes I've done for men when the customer basically said NOTHING about what they want or like, just "no flowers!"
lol
LL
LL

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 13 Jan 2010 , 7:22pm
post #5 of 8

id be thinking the usual, retro circles, or balloons and streamers. oh, maybe a cake with cookies round the outside.
something sporty if she will tell you what he likes!
drinks if she will tell you what he likes.
chocolate always work well - some fancy shapes, cigarillos, chocolate strawberries.
it could be your chance to try ANYTHING!!!! so what have you been wanting to try out for ages, but havent been able to. 3d deer head? bows? camo patterns? 3d beer bottle?
as long as you get the ok on the idea (and budget), go wild!
and yes, do pin down if its a sheetcake (a good idea for an edible image, or just a nice border and 'happy bithday') or a round/ square tiered cake.
xx

fueyo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fueyo Posted 13 Jan 2010 , 9:48pm
post #6 of 8

you can try something totally unique and create a modern cake. Start by making a pyramid cake (use an icecream cone at the top for the perfect tip and ice the whole thing). Begining at the bottom make the numbers (starting from 1 all the way to 35 in sequential order) wrap around the cake in almost a scarf way until you get to the top. Place the 35 on top and add sparklers. Keep us updated!! good luck!! icon_biggrin.gif

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cherrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cherrycakes Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 7:32pm
post #8 of 8

I made a barrel cake for my husband's 35th. He was very impressed with it and he loved it - especially because Kit Kats and M & M's are his favorite chocolates!
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%