Pearl Shine Spray On Bc??

Decorating By Normita Updated 14 Jan 2010 , 4:45am by Normita

Normita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Normita Posted 13 Jan 2010 , 2:22am
post #1 of 10

I was wondering if I can spray the pearl sheen out of a can onto BC?? I have tried with fondant, but my cake is going to be SMBC with fondant decorations. Thanks in advance icon_smile.gif

9 replies
Normita Posted 13 Jan 2010 , 4:13am
post #2 of 10

Anybody?

rezzygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rezzygirl Posted 13 Jan 2010 , 4:13am
post #3 of 10

Yes, I've done it lots of times!! No problem at all. Just make sure your bc is very smooth or it will highlight imperfections. thumbs_up.gif

Normita Posted 13 Jan 2010 , 4:23am
post #4 of 10

Thanks Rezzygirl icon_smile.gif

poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 13 Jan 2010 , 2:32pm
post #5 of 10

Yes, you can.
But rezzygirl was right on when she said to make sure your bc is very smooth. I thought my bc was smooth when I sprayed the cake, and afterward I wished I had just not done it. You can see the effect in my pix. It's the anniversary cake in the first row.

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 13 Jan 2010 , 2:46pm
post #6 of 10

I am a HUGE fan of pearl spray and spray tons of my buttercream cakes. It looks especially awesome on white and pastels.

Jenn2179 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn2179 Posted 13 Jan 2010 , 2:47pm
post #7 of 10

Yes you can and can I just say I got the edible pearl spray by chefmaster and love it.

Normita Posted 14 Jan 2010 , 4:00am
post #8 of 10

Thanks ladies!! Well, I did spray my cake with the sheen. It came out different than I had expected. My can did not spray evenly. Maybe it was because I had never used this spray before and did not know exactly how to spray it LOL!!!!

Renaejrk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renaejrk Posted 14 Jan 2010 , 4:17am
post #9 of 10

yeah, it takes some practice to get it even! I finally got an airbrush and get the pearl for that - it's great! Way cheaper than all the cans!

Normita Posted 14 Jan 2010 , 4:45am
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renaejrk

yeah, it takes some practice to get it even! I finally got an airbrush and get the pearl for that - it's great! Way cheaper than all the cans!

I got an airbrush for XMAS and want to buy the pearl sheen for it, but first I have to finish my pearl shine in a can!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%