Paint

Decorating By taray Updated 11 Jan 2010 , 6:10pm by taray

taray Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
taray Posted 10 Jan 2010 , 10:34pm
post #1 of 6

I am looking to paint a message on a cake but i do not knoe how to make the paint. i also have not been able to fine somewhere that sells some. i have only fount markers. can anyone help me

5 replies
kiwigal81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kiwigal81 Posted 10 Jan 2010 , 10:58pm
post #2 of 6

I think I've read mix the powder colours with vodka?

bettinashoe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bettinashoe Posted 10 Jan 2010 , 11:21pm
post #3 of 6

kiwigal81 is correct. You can add vodka or vanilla extract to the powdered or even gel food color and write using a very fine brush (0 or 00). You only juse a little alcohol with the color. Make sure you practice before you write on the cake!

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 10 Jan 2010 , 11:43pm
post #4 of 6

You can buy the powdered or gel colors from Global Sugar Art which has wonderful online service and a great customer service department! THey also ship world wide!!
I dont use vodka or everclear because I dont like the smell of the alcohol. But lemon extract or a clear vanilla will work. If you use a regular vanilla it wont give you the true color due to the tint of the extract.
Mix small amounts of the extract at a time because its easier to come up with the right consistancy than if you try vise/versa.
They also sell whats called a waterpen that you can fill your color into and it will give you better control of the flow of the color. If you need something very fine writing I use a toothpick or they have have what looks like an old fashion pen and ink (back with the feathers! and dipping them in bottles of ink!!) and you can do the same thing. Lots of little gadgets you can buy to get clean lettering, etc. Hope this helps!

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 12:46am
post #5 of 6

Airbrush colors are nice to paint with too. They are already thinned down. icon_smile.gif

taray Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
taray Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 6:10pm
post #6 of 6

Thank you to all who replied. Thay will all help

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%