Friday Night Club 1.8.10 Where Is Leah_S?

Decorating By ShopGrl1128 Updated 11 Jan 2010 , 7:18am by Rosie2

ShopGrl1128 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShopGrl1128 Posted 9 Jan 2010 , 3:30am
post #1 of 25

Hello!
No cakes for me this weekend! yay! but TWO huge Bridal shows, one tomorrow and one on Sunday, I'm done organizing two albums with my cake pictures, cake samples are done and marketing materials are packed, I think everything is going to go smooth.
Next week is going to be brutal with three big cakes.

Have a good night! best luck to the ones who are working on cakes right now.

24 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 9 Jan 2010 , 3:34am
post #2 of 25

right here!

I always "gavel us to order" between 10:30 and 10:45 pm EST.

Patience, grasshopper.

So, the FNCC's door are officially open.

Who's here?
Whatcha workin' on?

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 9 Jan 2010 , 3:37am
post #3 of 25

I did a replica 6" topper for someone who called out of the blue. It's her 12th wedding anniversary and she wanted the replica. I have to say, wedding cake design has changed a lot in 12 years.

::hangs head:: I copied a Wilton design.

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 9 Jan 2010 , 3:50am
post #4 of 25

icon_lol.gif I'm sure it's beautiful.

I just finished a small 3 tier for a wedding tomorrow.

I'm turning in soon because I also have to do the bride's and 4 bridesmaid's hair at 4:30 a.m.....the ceremony is at 10....ugghhhhh I don't like morning weddings, they should be banned. icon_sad.gif

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 9 Jan 2010 , 4:25am
post #5 of 25

Gosh, dkelly, you're almost a one stop wedding shop! icon_lol.gif

I'm up working on cake too. I'm finishing a 3-tier sweet 16th. I am just tickled to death with how it is coming along. This is one of the few that I have designed w/o consulting other's cakes for inspiration. Maybe that's what makes me a little more proud of it. Client just gave me a party plate and told me to have at it. icon_biggrin.gif

I also have to decorate a b-day sheet cake. It is iced and has borders, just no decoration, which will be a jersey and basketball drawn on.

Well, guess I'd better get back at it. Just needed a small break.

cdavis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cdavis Posted 9 Jan 2010 , 4:52am
post #6 of 25

I just finished a 3-d snowman cake. Really enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Client gave me a copy of a cake pic off the net. That cake was decorated with the star tip (hard swallow). Just couldn't bear to do that to anything so I covered it in smooth buttercream. Cut black fondant in squares to resemble coal for the eyes, buttons and mouth. Red scarf, black tophat with flower on it, added wafer paper snowflakes and rock candy ice and snow to the cake board, luster dust, etc. Maybe kindof overworked it some since it was such a simple cake. NO cakes for two whole days. Woo hoo.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 9 Jan 2010 , 4:56am
post #7 of 25

Just baking up some packet brownies.
The kids gave me a present of a 'set' of cake mixes for Christmas. icon_smile.gif

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 9 Jan 2010 , 5:07am
post #8 of 25

I'm just doing little 4" cakes (a ton of them) for tastings. I've booked five tastings already from my wedding show last week, two of them tomorrow. I'm pretty excited about that! I'm hoping my calendar fills up fast.

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 9 Jan 2010 , 5:18am
post #9 of 25

I have one for tomorrow and I don't want to do it...it's a FLAT carved inline skate..."15 servings. I don't want leftovers." what a draaaag. I've made flowers...not for any cake inparticular...I made fondant...not for any cake inparticular...I've shopped...not for anything inparticular...I've been doing anything and everything to keep from doing that cake. I'll do it...eventually but, for right now, I'm not. Gee whiz! Even Air Force One has captivated my attention. I think I'll go outside for ANOTHER break. lol

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 9 Jan 2010 , 5:34am
post #10 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdavis

I just finished a 3-d snowman cake. Really enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Client gave me a copy of a cake pic off the net. That cake was decorated with the star tip (hard swallow). Just couldn't bear to do that to anything so I covered it in smooth buttercream. Cut black fondant in squares to resemble coal for the eyes, buttons and mouth. Red scarf, black tophat with flower on it, added wafer paper snowflakes and rock candy ice and snow to the cake board, luster dust, etc. Maybe kindof overworked it some since it was such a simple cake. NO cakes for two whole days. Woo hoo.

Oh, lord yes. I think I threw away my star tip. I used to do a lot of those, but now I can't stand them. I can't knock them too much, though because it was those cakes that got me started!

kitty122000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kitty122000 Posted 9 Jan 2010 , 5:36am
post #11 of 25

I'm working on a jungle theme baby shower cake, the cakes just came out of the oven. I deliver at 3pm tomorrow.

I planned on baking yesterday but spent all day at the chiropractor instead. felling much better now!

here are the fondant figures and palm trees I made earlier in the week...
LL
LL
LL

MORSELSBYMARK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MORSELSBYMARK Posted 9 Jan 2010 , 5:37am
post #12 of 25

I had a cake picked up tonight, otherwise it's a cake free weekend! Wife and I are taking a day trip tomorrow to PLattsburg - I'm going to pick up an order at the new Global Sugar Art store - can't wait to see it!!!!!

all4cake Posted 9 Jan 2010 , 5:41am
post #13 of 25

Kitty, your critters look great! I love the gator.

Mark, I'm green with envy! I hope ya'll enjoy the trip! Stay safe.

MORSELSBYMARK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MORSELSBYMARK Posted 9 Jan 2010 , 5:43am
post #14 of 25

Thanks all4cake! The old store was great, can't wait to see this one!

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 9 Jan 2010 , 5:45am
post #15 of 25

Hallo everyone...finished a Winnie the Pooh Hunny Pot cake for a baby shower tomorrow that's about 2 hours away. It's safely tucked away in a cake box ready to go. Long day but totally worth it...very happy with the way it turned out. Watchin some TV then off to bed...early day driving tomorrow.

all4cake Posted 9 Jan 2010 , 5:55am
post #16 of 25

catlharper, I love the way you did the hunny pot! Have a safe trip!

I wish I could get motivated to work on that cake...ugh.

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 9 Jan 2010 , 6:02am
post #17 of 25

Thanks! But are you having a low motivation day? I was there on Wednesday when I was thinking of having to do this cake. I have a much needed 2 week break coming up and I think I really need it after a very busy December. Are you able to take a break?

Also, just throwin this out here...does anyone else here sort get "stage fright" before starting a cake? I always have a moment when I think "oh man, what DID I get myself into?"...then I get over it and get baking and move on but I always have the moment beforehand...anyone else?

Have a great weekend CC'rs...I get to scrapbook all Sunday and I'm SO looking forward to that!

Cat

kitty122000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kitty122000 Posted 9 Jan 2010 , 6:10am
post #18 of 25

thanks all4cake, I really enjoy making figures out of fondant, more than I like the baking part!

_Jamie_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
_Jamie_ Posted 9 Jan 2010 , 6:42am
post #19 of 25

Cough cough....sputter sputter....help...too much corn starch in the air!! I gotta lay off that stuff...icon_biggrin.gif

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 9 Jan 2010 , 6:54am
post #20 of 25

Got nabbed by the grandson, he needed a grandma to fall asleep on. Handed him off to mommy now, going to sleep myself.
Good night all!
Happy caking!

all4cake Posted 9 Jan 2010 , 7:29am
post #21 of 25

Low motivation? Nah. NO motivation...at all. I did manage to get it carved and crumbcoated. It's got to be due to its' lack of color or something 'cause I feel the same way when I get an order for a car part. Seriously, it's incredibly boring, to me, to look at the images of 'em too. This one is all in buttercream which ain't helpin' matters either.

As soon as this one gets dropped off, I'll get to bake bread and sweet rolls icon_smile.gif. My oldest sister, one of my nieces, and two great-nieces(?) are coming to visit Sunday. I'm looking forward to that!

UpAt2am Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
UpAt2am Posted 9 Jan 2010 , 7:41am
post #22 of 25

i have a cooke monster cake and a baby shower cake due tom. so i worked hard to get them done by 9 so i could go out for a "girls night." finished the cookie monster...have an 1 1/2 hrs. left on the baby shower cake, including a gumpaste bow....should be no problem tho! had a great time at girls night icon_smile.gif have a great night ladies and gents!

Renaejrk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renaejrk Posted 9 Jan 2010 , 8:28am
post #23 of 25

No motivation here! Have a 3d model plane cake tomorrow at 5:30 pm -filled the sheetcake going underneath (had to feed 50), carved the plane and crumb coated, but haven't made or added the wings, tail, or nose!!! I still have to ice the cake in chocolate, make vanilla and color blue, cover the plane in fondant, and decorate!! I just can't seem to keep going. I'm having some serious shoulder/upper back pain and it gets worse whenever I start working! -yikes!

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 9 Jan 2010 , 3:56pm
post #24 of 25

Jasmine - Those figures are great! I think the gator is my favorite. I also love how you did the trunk of the trees.

I'm all finished except for the last one that will be delivered at 5:00 this evening. I'm still working on topper placement. They asked me to do two snowboards for a topper and a #16 somewhere too. I've got them all made, but am a bit unsure of where to place them. Anybody reading this want to help me? I can post a picture if there's anybody still keeping up with this thread.

Just too lazy to go to the trouble if nobody's on. icon_razz.gif

Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 7:18am
post #25 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty122000

I'm working on a jungle theme baby shower cake, the cakes just came out of the oven. I deliver at 3pm tomorrow.

I planned on baking yesterday but spent all day at the chiropractor instead. felling much better now!

here are the fondant figures and palm trees I made earlier in the week...

Hi Kitty, can you share how you did the palm trees?? I once tried to do a palm tree and it was a disaster...the leaves kept breaking and falling. Did you use gumpaste or fondant?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%