Help...need Strawberry Cake Recipe

Baking By tranqlty Updated 8 Jan 2010 , 2:24pm by tranqlty

tranqlty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tranqlty Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 8:56pm
post #1 of 5

I'm just starting to dabble in cake making and going to make a cake for my sister for her birthday next week...I'm searching for a good strawberry cake recipe where I can stack the teirs and cover in fondant and not be dry...Thanks...

4 replies
Mug-a-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mug-a-Bug Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 9:06pm
post #2 of 5

Welcome to CC! You could check in the recipe forum. You can even do a search and type strawberry and come with all kinds of things. Good luck, sorry I don't have a recipe to share icon_biggrin.gif

ChristieC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChristieC Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 9:09pm
post #3 of 5

Use a white cake mix, add a small package of strawberry jello mix to your cake mix, add a small box of vanila pudding as well. Replace the amount of water called for on the box with frozen thawed sweetened strawberries that you have pureed. Use the amounts called for on the box for eggs and oil. Mix and bake according to package directions.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 9:12pm
post #4 of 5

i just lead a person.. yesterday.. to this site... haven,t made it myself.. but she wrote back and said she did.. her husband took it to work.. and he said they whoofed it up.. she said.. she used b/c for the filling. and chocolte b/c to ice it.. the pic of the cake looks wonderful. i typed in strawberry cake made from scratch. recipe.. . she wanted one from scratch.. this site came up i checked it out.. confections of a foodie bride.. they have a pic of a slice of it.. can,t wait to make it ..hth

tranqlty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tranqlty Posted 8 Jan 2010 , 2:24pm
post #5 of 5

thank you guys so much for the quick response...I'm looking forward to making my next cake for my sis...This will be my 3rd one...right now I'm just doing cakes for family birthdays and gathering in order to give me practice but I hope to venture out in the near future but nervous to take that first step...This website is AWESOME and very VERY addictive...again thanks so much for the recipe and look forward to "getting to know" and learning from you guys!!! have a great day!

Misti

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%