Sugar Cookie Recipe

Baking By ski Updated 9 Jan 2010 , 11:18pm by Lcubed82

ski Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ski Posted 5 Jan 2010 , 7:58pm
post #1 of 10

Hi Cookie folks! I am trying to find a better cookie recipe. Mine is good but not great! It is a standard sugar cookie recipe that turns semi chewy once cooled, however, it isn't a nice light airy one, like cookie bouquets. any suggestions for a fabulous recipe??? Thanks for any cookie help, I'm mostly a caker...

Cheers icon_biggrin.gif

9 replies
toleshed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toleshed Posted 5 Jan 2010 , 10:08pm
post #2 of 10

Hi ski - Almost everyone uses the NFSC recipe which you find on this site in the recipe section.

ski Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 4:18am
post #3 of 10

Thanks Toleshed, I saw that wondered how it was. BTW where are you from in NY? I'm in Buffalo. Always nice to meet fellow Upstaters

toleshed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toleshed Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 10:54am
post #4 of 10

I'm near Albany. About 40 minutes NE from there in one of the little towns nobody has ever heard of. lol

ski Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 4:11pm
post #5 of 10

Haha that's funny! me too!

Lcubed82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lcubed82 Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 4:15pm
post #6 of 10

I recently tried the Best Ever Sugar Cookie recipe used by psneed at http://cookiecrazie.blogspot.com/. She adds a couple of easy tweeks she uses. My family loves this recipe. We did a side-by-side comparison with NFSC, which I had been using, and this one won. The extra bit of flour stabilizes the spreading.

ski Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 11:07pm
post #7 of 10

Oh cool thanks! I will do the side by side also, thankyou so much! icon_biggrin.gif

I looked on the blog but couldn't find the recipe, only the soft sugar cookie V one, is that it?

Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 11:44pm
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ski

Oh cool thanks! I will do the side by side also, thankyou so much! icon_biggrin.gif

I looked on the blog but couldn't find the recipe, only the soft sugar cookie V one, is that it?

Yes that is the one, and she did add I think an extra cup of flour, read the side of her blog for more info, I used that same recipe for my christmas basket cookies and got rave reviews. I also use NFSC and liked this one better. and don't add the nutmeg

ski Posted 8 Jan 2010 , 2:30am
post #9 of 10

Thanks gonna try em! And you a so not kidding about this dang snow!

Lcubed82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lcubed82 Posted 9 Jan 2010 , 11:18pm
post #10 of 10

Yes that is the right one. Sorry I got the name mixed up. First time I made it right by the recipe. Second time, added 1/2 cup extra flour and left out nutmeg, as she tells on the right hand edge of her blog. First batch was soft, but some fell apart as people ate them. Second batch was great!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%