Help! Wedding Cheesecake!????

Decorating By chasityc Updated 9 Feb 2010 , 8:43pm by megmarie

chasityc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chasityc Posted 5 Jan 2010 , 6:20pm
post #1 of 6

I have been asked t make a wedding cheese cake to feed 150. The bride is using green and gold as her colors, and would like the cake to have the colors too. Any ideas??? I was thinking white chocolate tinted gold?? Is that possible? Green would be gooy looking right?

5 replies
ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 5 Jan 2010 , 9:50pm
post #2 of 6

Not necessarily - green is nature's background. Guess it depends on the shade of green and gold that the bride is using and the style of cake that she wants, but I have seen some absolutely stunning pale green wedding cakes.

CandyLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CandyLady Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 1:23pm
post #3 of 6

I did a wedding using cheesecake for cakes...I used the sattelite plates that stand in a semi circle....I frosted them with buttercream - it was amazing...and decorated with a large silk flower on top of each per request of bride...you could color your buttercream any color and maybe use a ribbon (opposite color) as your base on each...just a suggestion.

chasityc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chasityc Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 8:27pm
post #4 of 6

The color will be sage green. thanks for the ideas

CandyLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CandyLady Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 8:31pm
post #5 of 6

I had a very difficult time with servers. I wanted them to refrigerate the cakes after taking pictures and they would not...not my problem once I delivered...it would have tasted better cold but they said it was great.

megmarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
megmarie Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 8:43pm
post #6 of 6

I have never tried to make a Cheesecake Cake (is that the right term? haha), but there is a local bakery that does. Maybe you can get some ideas: http://www.cheesyeddies.com/weddings.php

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%