I Have A Question About Color...

Decorating By Darthburn Updated 4 Jan 2010 , 7:13pm by TexasSugar

Darthburn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Darthburn Posted 4 Jan 2010 , 8:40am
post #1 of 5

I'm making a friends birthday cake and I was wanting to make it a bright, vibrant hot pink. Does anyone have any tips for a good way to do so? I'm using Wilton colors ( I know... buy some Americolor... soon as these run out I will) and I have just about every color they make. By tips I mean like for black fondant I have learned to make chocolate fondant and that way it turns black easier. So I was wondering if there is a based color I can do for hot pink and then add like magenta or something?

Any idea will help. Thank you icon_smile.gif

4 replies
Elise87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 4 Jan 2010 , 5:47pm
post #3 of 5

Wilton's Rose pink makes a very bright pink in my opinion.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 4 Jan 2010 , 6:12pm
post #4 of 5

texas sugar is correct. i have made hot pink with rose pink.. i still love wilton colors and i love americolor colors.. use them all the time. i have colors by other names. i just love them all.. ha! in americolor it is neon pink... so try the rose pick by wilton..

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 4 Jan 2010 , 7:13pm
post #5 of 5

Icer101, I have both Wilton and Americolor and at home I use them both equally. There are a few colors I prefer Wilton to Americolor and there are a few I perfer Americolor to Wilton. The way I look at it the more I have the more variaty I have. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%