Anyone Tried The Perfect Brownie Pan?

Decorating By sugarspice Updated 4 Jan 2010 , 1:42am by ShellsSweetsIndy

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 4:07am
post #31 of 43

I have the Wilton Giant Pan and it works great for me as long as I grease it up and fill it up. I would like the silicone one to make a chocolate candy shell for the "wrapper" for the bottom layer. I think that look is so finished. I have done the cupcake in crusting BC and made groves in it ad it's cute but the icing sinks after a while or several hours on display or a rocky car ride. I had the ladybug cake rockin like a tower of jello. Talk about nail biting!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 4:30am
post #32 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadsmile

I am shocked and agast that anyone would throw away the edges!!! Call the brownie police!!! People if you chop that up and thro it into your ice cream=heaven on a spoon!

Ewwww! Crumbs in my ice cream??? NEVER!!!!! aaauuuggghhhh!!!! I dont' even like cake-n-ice cream on the same dish! (I never order a Blizzard from the Dairy Queen because they ruin the ice cream with "stuff" in it! ) icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

chocomama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chocomama Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 4:46am
post #33 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

When I bake brownies, I actually cut about 1/4" off of all four sides to get rid of the crusty edge. I throw it away at the git-go, which means less wasted brownie(s) later.

I do the same thing!

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 5:20am
post #34 of 43
Quote:

Quote:

I am shocked and agast that anyone would throw away the edges!!! Call the brownie police!!! People if you chop that up and thro it into your ice cream=heaven on a spoon!

Ewwww! Crumbs in my ice cream??? NEVER!!!!! aaauuuggghhhh!!!! I dont' even like cake-n-ice cream on the same dish! (I never order a Blizzard from the Dairy Queen because they ruin the ice cream with "stuff" in it! ) icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I'm with you Debi... cake-n-ice cream mixed is god awful... all soggy and crumbly at the same time. *vomit* (for me) My DH loves it though... makes me gagalicious. I'm a center of the pan gooey fudgy brownie kind of a gal. Cake-like brownies can't be called brownies in my book... if you want cake-like.. eat cake.

Brownies should be just barely cooked in the center of the pan. I take them out when a toothpick tests clean about 1.5 inches from the side of the pan. I don't HATE the edge if they aren't over cooked. My hubby likes the edge so all brownies get eaten in this house. My kiddos like the corners... fine by me... means more gooey center brownies left for me. icon_wink.gif

My son thinks that brownie pan is too cool for school... he's 6 and everything on TV is rockin' to him... icon_lol.gif Me... I'll pass.

CakeDiane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiane Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 12:34pm
post #35 of 43

Well, the verdict on my daughter's brownies from yesterday with the new pan is 2 thumbs up! While the edges were a little crusty, they were NOT the hard stuff I usually get--I would call them appropriately crusty and edge-like icon_smile.gif And also they made a beautiful presentation because they were so neat looking--like a little present. And my 9-year-old son, who hates EVERYTHING, ate 4 brownies, so there you go...a rave review!

For the record, I HATE ice cream cake that actually has CAKE in it too-- I thought I was the only one!! So happy to hear I'm not alone! icon_biggrin.gif

milkmaid42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milkmaid42 Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 3:47pm
post #36 of 43

Give me the ooooy, gooey center everytime. I like a chewy brownie. But I will fight anyone who comes near for the thickly cut heel of a loaf of bread just out of the oven! Unfortunately, when both ends are cut off, the loaf loses its integrity and collapses like a deflated balloon. Wish they'd come out with a pan for that!

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 4:44pm
post #37 of 43

I don't like cake and ice cream together. But I love ice cream with cookie dough or brownie or fudge bits in it!

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 5:02pm
post #38 of 43
Quote:

Quote:

Me too.....I hate cake and ice cream together YUCK!

That's why I also don't like that Coldstone Ice Cream Parlor where they take perfectly good ice cream and start mixing a bunch of candy, cookies etc into it. UGHHHH!!

Angel_Cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Angel_Cake Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 5:31pm
post #39 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by andpotts

I have a special place in my heart for As Seen on TV stuff icon_smile.gif I do not have this pan though, I'm glad it's working for those of you that have tried it. I too use the parchment paper trick (I should have stock in that stuff) Here are instructions if anyone doesn't know what I'm talking about;

(scroll to bottom)
http://www.cooksillustrated.com/images/document/howto/JF02_ISparchmentpaper.pdf

When I do want to make my brownies different I use this pan, so cute and you get perfect little candy bar shaped brownies, soft gooey with a perfect little chewy edge. (I can't believe there are edge haters out there, lol)

Wow, there's some stuff in that pdf that would have never occurred to me... thanks! And I agree with others on here, cake and ice cream together is GROSS!

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 6:00pm
post #40 of 43

I don't mind Cold Stone, but I get stuff like berries smooshed into it... or caramel... mmmm. BUT... I don't care for their base ice creams. There's something fakey about it. It's overly thick and you can feel the emulsifiers in your mouth. The kids love the idea of making their own flavors though so we go on occasion.

I don't mind some things in ice cream. Coffee ice cream with heath bar is good on occasion. I can handle cookie dough sometimes, but most of the time... I like plain ice cream. Coffee is my favorite and plain chocolate is a close second. I don't care for vanilla ice cream much, unless it's Haagen Dazs Vanilla Bean. I don't like ice creams like Hood or Bryers or Edy's... it has to be Haagen Dazs-type ice creams... the premium kinds with less air in them.

I am picky I know. icon_wink.gif

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 6:09pm
post #41 of 43

I don't like cake mixed with ice cream either....anything remotely resembling soggy bread is YUCK in my book. I do like candy mixed with ice cream though!

I'm not a huge brownie fan but has to be the soft middle ones, not the hard edges. Its an art, I think, to get an entire pan of brownies baked to where the edges are edible and the middle is cooked!

I probably won't get the brownie pan because I rarely just make "one pan" of anything...but it seems like you could do other things in it like mini coffee cakes or something with the crumb topping....or shortcakes for putting berries on? Any single serve cake type item I would think....

Mmm mini coffee cakes actually sound good....or...the other day found a delicious blueberry crumb muffin, that would be kinda good too I bet.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 4 Jan 2010 , 1:09am
post #42 of 43
Quote:

LOL! Brownie police? You are too funny! icon_lol.gif

I'm going to have to start using that phrase around my husband. As in - I'm gonna have to become a brownie policewoman, cookie policewoman, cake policewoman. Are you getting my drift? hehe. icon_lol.gif

ShellsSweetsIndy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShellsSweetsIndy Posted 4 Jan 2010 , 1:42am
post #43 of 43

I am an edge lover as well. Here in Indiana when I was a kid Rosalyn Bakery use to sell their edges only in a second day store in a 2-3 lb bag. Dad would buy them and freeze them. Yummmy!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%