How Many Roses Should I Order For This Cake?

Decorating By DelectableCreations Updated 3 Jan 2010 , 12:32am by deevav

DelectableCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DelectableCreations Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 6:51pm
post #1 of 4

Hello Everyone!

I am making a round wedding cake that will have space between each tier to put roses. It will be a 4 tier cake with 6,8,10, & 12 inch rounds. Does anyone have a general idea of how many roses this would require to make it look full and beautiful?

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP YOU'RE ALL WONDERFUL! thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif

3 replies
melmar02 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melmar02 Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 7:24pm
post #2 of 4

I think it depends on if you are using bud or opened roses, and if you are doing a single layer of flowers between each tier. You have about 75 inches of space to fill around the 6, 8, and 10, or about 113 inches if you are also putting them under the 12. (Please check my math, I'm just an artist! LOL) Divide that by how wide the roses are. Then I would add in several extras to compensate for any that don't look great when they come in.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 7:34pm
post #3 of 4

the best thing I can offer is get a fake rose or real one....and measure it on top of your cake pans and see how many it would take to fill the space..........personally I would add at least 10 roses on top of the number you come up with just to account for smaller roses and/or wilted unuseable roses.

deevav Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deevav Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 12:32am
post #4 of 4

I just recently made my first wedding cake and had 14, 12, 10 and 8 rounds. I put roses in between the 12 and 10 in layers. I used 2 dozen, but I also picked them up from the florist the day before and put them in water so they would open up some to take up more space.

I could have used more, but they filled it alright.
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%