Forum Superstar...nominate Me? Please Explain How This Works

Decorating By vlk Updated 31 Dec 2009 , 6:16pm by vlk

vlk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vlk Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 1:48pm
post #1 of 7

I have been on CC (off and on) for a couple of months - truely enjoy all the talk and I learn so much from everyone !

But, I am wondering if someone could explain how a member is a "Forum Superstar" and has a "Nominate Me" but yet... only has 1 or 2 pictures of cakes? Do they just not post any pictures .. and to be a Forum Superstar - Do you just "post" alot of respones? and How do you get the "Nominate Me"...

Just wondering... I just know for myself - I like to look at the pictures - And to Nominate Someone for Spotlight - Shouldn't you have some recent pictures? Who knows if the person even bakes anything?

Thanks -
Vicki

6 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 3:21pm
post #2 of 7

The Forum Superstar is just dependent on how many posts you've made. You get a different category the higher the number of posts. I don't know what the nominate me is, maybe that's for the member spotlight thing that they do. Someone else will have to touch on that!

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 3:40pm
post #3 of 7

The "Nominate Me" Button is for the Spotlight. There are certain criteria that you have to meet in order to get the Nominate Me button present on your posts. If you receive enough votes by people clicking on your Nominate Me button then CC "interviews" you and posts it under the Spotlight tab at the top of your screen then on your avatar box it forever shows that you were in the Spotlight. I think if you go to the spotlight tab it will tell you how to become eligible to have that Nominate Me button on your posts. icon_smile.gif

Oh and I noticed that there hasn't been a new one since 2008. None for 2009. Not sure why.

tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 6:33pm
post #4 of 7
enchantedcreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
enchantedcreations Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 6:56pm
post #5 of 7

Thanks Tatorchip, that was very helpful.....

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 7:11pm
post #6 of 7

I have no idea how it works! I guess is a decision on the webmasters too!
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

vlk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vlk Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 6:16pm
post #7 of 7

Thank you very much.... Someday I will get there ??!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%