Missing Piece To Quilting Tool

Decorating By xiswtsawluiix Updated 27 Dec 2009 , 6:52pm by icer101

xiswtsawluiix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xiswtsawluiix Posted 27 Dec 2009 , 8:09am
post #1 of 6

Hi all, I am so frustrated and upset with myself that I lost the serrated wheel of the quilting tool from the Wilton 10 piece Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set - thankfully I still have the other side. I know Wilton does not sell the gum paste tools in the set separately. Did anyone have this problem before? Is there a way to find the replacement piece online instead of buying a whole new set or the quilting tool from PME?

Any advice would be appreciated.

TIA!

5 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 27 Dec 2009 , 8:22am
post #2 of 6

You can buy a pattern tracing wheel at a fabric store (or in the sewing aisle at walmart) for less than two dollars. It will produce the same effect icon_biggrin.gif

xiswtsawluiix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xiswtsawluiix Posted 27 Dec 2009 , 5:12pm
post #3 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rose

You can buy a pattern tracing wheel at a fabric store (or in the sewing aisle at walmart) for less than two dollars. It will produce the same effect icon_biggrin.gif

Genius!!! Thanks so much Texas Rose! One question though, is the metal wheel safe for foods?

Thanks again!

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 27 Dec 2009 , 5:36pm
post #4 of 6

I use mine with no problems (I lost that little Wilton wheel too), but then I also use stainless steel clay tools and a rotary cutter and metal tweezers and scissors without ever thinking much about the metal being a problem.

janeoxo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janeoxo Posted 27 Dec 2009 , 6:19pm
post #5 of 6

Why would metal be a problem. You cut with metal knives? As long as they are clean and only use them for food then there should not be a problem.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 27 Dec 2009 , 6:52pm
post #6 of 6

got that set also.. never a problem.. got the pme one also.. love them all..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%