Tight Budget For Mini Cake Dummies & Fondant Figure Dumm

Decorating By ysa Updated 21 Dec 2009 , 4:52am by ysa

ysa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ysa Posted 20 Dec 2009 , 5:34am
post #1 of 5

hi fellow ccr's..i'm planning to make mini cake dummies immitating fondant and fondant figures but on a very tight budget.. if u wer goin to make these ?? what do u think works best and will last longer for a tight budget. tnx guys.. gosh i'm really out of ideas this time.. love cc icon_smile.gif gonna open my computer this whole day

4 replies
ysa Posted 20 Dec 2009 , 7:15am
post #2 of 5

clay for the figures?

bejewelled Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bejewelled Posted 20 Dec 2009 , 8:32am
post #3 of 5

Hi there, fondant figures will last fine. My suggestion is to keep them covered. i.e under a glass dome or in a clear box. You can take them out ahead of time if you need to show anyone. But cake dummies left uncovered, get dusty real quick and you don't want to have to make new ones, got the old ones start to look shabby. I also suggest making the dummy out of what you will sell it from. As if you make from clay, you can often model finer work, and then you may have a customer comment your Dummy looks different or better than the cake. Just some thoughts anyway

zdebssweetsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zdebssweetsj Posted 20 Dec 2009 , 9:23am
post #4 of 5

You'll also need to keep it away from direct sunlight. It will change the color of fondant.

ysa Posted 21 Dec 2009 , 4:52am
post #5 of 5

yeah dat's right.. thanks guys.. very big help, less pain in the neck.. icon_smile.gif god bless to all of us.. btw, it's really hot here i'll be moreb careful thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%