Trying To Find An Average Sales Commission For Wedding Cakes

Business By cakesbyleila Updated 20 Dec 2009 , 5:28pm by cakesbyleila

cakesbyleila Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyleila Posted 16 Dec 2009 , 2:29am
post #1 of 7

Ok I have worked in the same bakery for 4 years. I started the wedding cake program myself. I do everything from tasting to decorating to delivering. I have tripled cake sales over the past two years thanks to wedding cake sales and finally had the cajones to ask the owner for raise and a bonus program based on my wedding cake sales. I was told to research wat the average sales commision for a wedding cak is. PLEASE HELP!

6 replies
masturbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
masturbaker Posted 16 Dec 2009 , 8:38pm
post #2 of 7

Hi! I have no clue how to find what you're looking for but congratulations!! Sounds like this raise and commision cut are a long time coming... That's awesome for you!

As for commision, isn't it usually 10-20%? I worked in real estate for years and that's what our commision range was.

masturbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
masturbaker Posted 16 Dec 2009 , 8:57pm
post #3 of 7

Hi! I have no clue how to find what you're looking for but congratulations!! Sounds like this raise and commision cut are a long time coming... That's awesome for you!

As for commision, isn't it usually 10-20%? I worked in real estate for years and that's what our commision range was.

peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 17 Dec 2009 , 9:14pm
post #4 of 7

well, i pay a local shop 10% of the sales they bring to me.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 18 Dec 2009 , 2:11am
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesbyleila

Ok I have worked in the same bakery for 4 years. I started the wedding cake program myself. I do everything from tasting to decorating to delivering. I have tripled cake sales over the past two years thanks to wedding cake sales and finally had the cajones to ask the owner for raise and a bonus program based on my wedding cake sales. I was told to research wat the average sales commision for a wedding cak is. PLEASE HELP!

If you're doing it all - it sounds like you should be getting a good portion!

kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 18 Dec 2009 , 3:13am
post #6 of 7

When I had a partnership with a restaurant, I paid them 15% for the customers they brought to me.

cakesbyleila Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyleila Posted 20 Dec 2009 , 5:28pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks for the help!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%