Where To Shop For Cake Supplies In Florida

Decorating By gersie123 Updated 13 Sep 2011 , 2:21pm by DECOR8Rgirl

gersie123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gersie123 Posted 15 Dec 2009 , 6:20pm
post #1 of 9

Hi I am a Canadian decorator and in my area the only places to get cake supplies are Michaels and Bulk Barn and there are MANY supplies sold in the US not available in Canada. We are going to Florida very soon and i need to find sparkling sugar for a wedding cake i am doing in January. We will be on the gulf coast near Clearwater. Even if i can't find the sugar, I would still love to even check out other supplies i can't get near my home

thanks so much

8 replies
luddroth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luddroth Posted 15 Dec 2009 , 6:38pm
post #2 of 9

By far the best way to buy cake decorating supplies is on line. There are many sites and you can search for exactly what you want and compare prices. Is there a reason you don't shop on line? If you're not a computer user, maybe you can ask a friend to help. Florida is a loooong way to go for supplies!

Rusti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rusti Posted 15 Dec 2009 , 10:09pm
post #3 of 9

I live in the Bradneton/Sarasota area and the only Cake shop I'm aware of is in Tampa at Cake's Plus on Dale Maubry. However I don't like her prices and get most of my supplies online at Global sugarart or other. icon_cool.gif

bigmama1961 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bigmama1961 Posted 15 Dec 2009 , 10:57pm
post #4 of 9

I shop on line with all of them looking for deals, no matter where you order they are all great and fast delivery..

NannyD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NannyD Posted 15 Dec 2009 , 11:13pm
post #5 of 9

If you're going to be here awile or spend any time in Orlando, look up D&G occasions. About an hour away from Tampa/Clearwater area.

gersie123 Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 4:40am
post #6 of 9

Ladies, I am so sorry I didn't acknowledge your help, I never received notice by email that anyone had answered my post, so i figured no one had. Thanks so much for your help, i have been to Florida and arrived home. I have not found any sparkling sugar except online. Is there a homemade option or should i talk to my bride about other options?

gersie123 Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 4:42am
post #7 of 9

oops, I just realized i used the term ladies assuming all who replied were female, forgive me if you are not a lady, and I'll say thank you sir. icon_smile.gif

cherrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cherrycakes Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 8:20pm
post #8 of 9

Hi!

Here's a Canadian website that sells some hard-to-find items including Americolor gels and tylose. They also say on their site that if they don't have something that you're looking for they may be able to get it anyway. I've also found that ordering from UK companies, especially through Ebay, works well as you don't have the same customs hassles and the shipping is very resonable and quick for many of the companies.

http://www.fortheloveofcake.net/home.html

I hope more sites will spring up soon as caking becomes more popular in Canada. I'm fortunate that I have relatives in the States that I can ship things to and then pick up when I go to visit. Another option that we have is there is a shipping company right across the border in the US that will hold packages for us. We pay $2/package - if you're close to the border that may be an option for you.

DECOR8Rgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DECOR8Rgirl Posted 13 Sep 2011 , 2:21pm
post #9 of 9

Wilton has sparkling sugar. Their stuff is sold in most craft stores.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%