Omg I Just Got The New Jennifer Dontz Floral Arranging Dvd!!

Decorating By bobwonderbuns Updated 18 Jan 2010 , 7:20pm by Uniqueask

nannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannie Posted 18 Dec 2009 , 10:05pm
post #31 of 111

I must have been a very good girl, Santa brought me a wonderful DVD. today icon_lol.gif

Now I must be disciplined and finish my Chistmas cookies tonight so I can mail them tomorrow then, I'm going to put up my feet and enjoy my gift.

Thanks so much Jen

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 19 Dec 2009 , 3:47am
post #32 of 111

I'm so glad you were good nannie!!!! lol

Hope you enjoy it!

Jen icon_smile.gif

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 19 Dec 2009 , 2:40pm
post #33 of 111

Jen are you home yet or snowed in out East???

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 19 Dec 2009 , 3:59pm
post #34 of 111

Hey Jen! I recieved the dvd in the mail yesterday evening and am anxious to watch it Monday morning! You taking the time to wrap it so nicely was a nice special touch! Thanks for the quick shipping!

tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 19 Dec 2009 , 4:04pm
post #35 of 111

I just got the fondant dvd this last week and love it, I also have the frills dvd and sometime in Jan I will get the floral dvd. After hearing all the great things ya'll have to say about it, I am going to get it. I got SugarShacks and Edna's also and love them. I can't wait to get it.

tanyascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tanyascakes Posted 19 Dec 2009 , 4:50pm
post #36 of 111

Oh, you all are driving me insane with this!!! LOL My dear husband let me place my order with Jennifer as my Christmas, birthday gift(January)!!! I got 2 of he DVDs and lots of other stuff. Of course I later realized that I forgot to order the platinum paste for the alstromerias!!! icon_sad.gif ButI am so anxious from all the waiting. I am sure the DVDs will be wonderful after having seen Jen in real live action before. She is so amazing and giving to everyone!!! I love the idea of being able to watch her over and over again!! She is like your own personal cheerleader in class!! Come on Mr postman with my goody box!!!!!!!!! BTW, my husband said I don't get to open it!! He is going to wrap the entire box she ships me and stick it under the tree!!!!!

tatorchip Posted 19 Dec 2009 , 5:42pm
post #37 of 111

OMG, my dh told me the same thing and he won't be home till the middle of Jan. so I stummped my little foot and put on my poutty face and he gave in. lol it still works with him after all these years. lol

auntiecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntiecake Posted 19 Dec 2009 , 6:21pm
post #38 of 111

It won't be long tanyascakes. It is almost here, and you have something to look forward to on Christmas. I would love it if my husband did that, or even got anything like that. LOL 38 + years not going to happen. Enjoy! Merry Christmas

tanyascakes Posted 19 Dec 2009 , 6:22pm
post #39 of 111

LOL, I will have to try that out! But I think that I could hold off until Christmas if he would just let me get the DVDs out-lol!!!!

tatorchip Posted 19 Dec 2009 , 6:33pm
post #40 of 111

I would wait also if he would be home for Christmas but he left last week for Singapore and I am home alone and needed that dvd lol My Grandaughter will come get me on Christmas Eve and bring me back the following Sunday. I love that dvd and it was worth the spoiled kid fit. lol

auntiecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntiecake Posted 19 Dec 2009 , 6:55pm
post #41 of 111

LOL Enjoy!

nannie Posted 19 Dec 2009 , 9:49pm
post #42 of 111

I just finished it. What fun icon_biggrin.gif

You make the most amazing tulips. I would love to take a class in those from you some day.

Can I ask a couple questions? I thought I'd post them here , if that's ok, so everyone can share the answers

Do you think it's possible to tint the sugar for the vase? I was thinking you could tint the water before you add it.

Is any particular shaped container preferable? For example could you use a square one as a mold?

Is it possible to cover dry oasis with fondant insted of the styrofoam since it is softer and easier to stick wires into or is it too soft?

Thanks again for a wonderful dvd. Now I need to be good enough to earn a special Sugar Delites Valentines'Day gift. icon_lol.gif

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 19 Dec 2009 , 11:01pm
post #43 of 111

Santa ordered mine today....... icon_biggrin.gif

nannie Posted 19 Dec 2009 , 11:02pm
post #44 of 111

wow, we've ALL been good girls this year icon_wink.gif

Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 19 Dec 2009 , 11:45pm
post #45 of 111

ordering mine too.

Teekakes Posted 20 Dec 2009 , 12:02am
post #46 of 111

Yes, Nannie, we HAVE ALL been good girls this year! My hubby bought me a Paasche Double action airbrush, a Windstorm compressor and a good stock of Americolor airbrush colors!! icon_biggrin.gif I am doing backflips and anxious to learn to use it all! NOW! icon_lol.gificon_biggrin.gif
Just got it last night!

nannie Posted 20 Dec 2009 , 12:29am
post #47 of 111

Teekakes,

can you post those backflips on You Tube for all of us... icon_wink.gif

Teekakes Posted 20 Dec 2009 , 2:25am
post #48 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by nannie

Teekakes,

can you post those backflips on You Tube for all of us... icon_wink.gif

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gif Suuuuuure! At my age I'd bed in pain if I REALLY did a backflip!!! icon_lol.gif

JenniferMI Posted 20 Dec 2009 , 1:37pm
post #49 of 111

Hi all you good girls!!!! icon_smile.gif

BWB - Still in NYC..... be home soon, having a wonderful time!
Teekakes - Sugar Delites thinks cake toys/DVDs are special and should be presented that way icon_smile.gif Glad you enjoyed your package icon_smile.gif
Tatorchip - I'm THRILLED you liked it!!!!!
Tanya - I can send you just the platinum paste...we can work something out with the postage. Just e-mail me, I'll be home soon.
If hubby does take mercy on you and digs out the DVD, it should be easy to spot, the shape is the same as the other ones I did. It is wrapped.
nannie - Sure ask away girl! Yes, you can easily tint the sugar. Just add the color in with the liquid and blend. You can use any shape for the vase. Try some different shapes...if they don't work, just use another container. As long as the sugar is wet, you can keep remolding it many times. I've never covered the dry oasis with the fondant to arrange. You certainly could try it. The styrofoam does hold the wires very firmly, which is nice if you have a cascading type arrangement. If they are not in there firmly, they could slip out. That would be the only concern I would have. Also, I don't think the fondnat would stick at all the foam like it does with styro. But I would try it, can't hurt.

Sweet regards,
Jen icon_smile.gif

Donnagardner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Donnagardner Posted 20 Dec 2009 , 2:09pm
post #50 of 111

I didn't know your new DVD was ready. I am gonna order it soon!!!! Gotta wait til after I go to the Florida Mini Classes though. icon_surprised.gif)

JenniferMI Posted 20 Dec 2009 , 2:25pm
post #51 of 111

Donna -

I thought you were on my newsletter list..?? If you didn't get it, you might want to sign up on my homepage.

Have fun at mini classes!!!!!!

Jen icon_smile.gif

tanyascakes Posted 21 Dec 2009 , 2:31am
post #52 of 111

Hey, Jen! I just emailed ya! I am sure I sound all muddled up-lol. But I am a bit under the weather. I can't wait to get my "hot hands" on my stuff!!!

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 21 Dec 2009 , 5:28am
post #53 of 111

I didn't know it was ready yet either Jen & I know I am on your list. I will order it when I return to Hawaii in January & as I have your other two, which I love to bits! I know I am going to love this one too.

Denise Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Denise Posted 21 Dec 2009 , 6:12am
post #54 of 111

Jen is the bomb dot com of flowers. She makes the prettiest arrangements and is a fount of information! You go girl!!!!

Rusti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rusti Posted 21 Dec 2009 , 10:02pm
post #55 of 111

I got mine today but my husband say since it's wrapped I can't open it until Christmas. Rats! Thanks Jen can't wait to see it.

tanyascakes Posted 21 Dec 2009 , 11:27pm
post #56 of 111

Yippeee!!!! Just got home to my wonderful box!!! Surprisingly, it was smaller than I thought it would be. But Jen is an amazing wrapper! I just cut it open to grab out the dvds and my hubby caught me!! All I got to see was the cute little wrapping paper and the bubble wrap!!! If I had just gotten home 5 minutes sooner, I would have made it and been watching Jen right now!! Drat that old man of mine!!! Bu I am thrilled to finally have it! It only took 4 days to mail-wow!!! Great customer service, Jen!!!!

JenniferMI Posted 22 Dec 2009 , 12:35am
post #57 of 111

Tanya - You are crack'in me up at the keyboard girl!!!! Dang, guess I shouldn't have wrapped it all!!! LOL Sorry..... icon_smile.gif

June - You are on my newsletter list...you didn't get the newsletter either? What is going on? I'll have to check and see which addresses bounced.

Denise - Thanks honey!! xxoo

Rusti..... sorry..... here I thought they looked so nice wrapped in those Christmas lites and all..... oopsy..... icon_smile.gif

Merry Christmas everyone! May the new year bring you happiness, good health and prosperity.

Jen icon_smile.gif

tatorchip Posted 22 Dec 2009 , 2:35am
post #58 of 111

Merry Christmas to you also Jennifer and to everyone else as well

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

tanyascakes Posted 22 Dec 2009 , 3:45am
post #59 of 111

Merry Christmas , everybody! Jen, I so can't wait to use everything. Just ring me back about the other email I sentto the site. I hope that you all have a wonderful Christmas and a glorious new year!! Take care!!

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 22 Dec 2009 , 4:13pm
post #60 of 111

So of all of you who got the DVD so far, what did you think???

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%