Starting A Buisness In Louisiana And Need Help

Business By redheadfairy2003 Updated 13 Dec 2009 , 3:54am by redheadfairy2003

redheadfairy2003 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redheadfairy2003 Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 2:03am
post #1 of 7

I'm trying to start a at home buisness and I called the Health Deptartment to find out info and they said I would need a second kitchen to do that. Does anyone have any info on this . Please help.

6 replies
VannaD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VannaD Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 4:37pm
post #2 of 7

I too am from La, and from what Ive been told you have to have a seperate kitchen, not connected to your home. You can not legally sell out of your home in our state, it has to be a completely seperate building. Im not sure what else you want to know,feel free to ask, and I will do my best to answer. What part of Louisiana are you in, Im in Denham Springs, right outside of Baton Rouge. Nice to meet you! thumbs_up.gif

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 4:40pm
post #3 of 7

I've heard that as well, separate kitchen not connected to the house icon_sad.gif

Jen

redheadfairy2003 Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 4:11am
post #4 of 7

Thank you both ! He left that part out that it had to be seperated..... I would like to know anything that you would like to tell me.....lol Im from north Louisiana not to far from Sherevport. Nice to meet you too. So do you both have your own buisness ?

tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 5:35am
post #5 of 7

I wonder if SugarShack would know, she is from La.

deb12g Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deb12g Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 4:40pm
post #6 of 7

Hi! I am in south central Louisiana, about halfway between Alexandria & Lafayette. I have a cake & catering business, and yes, you have to have a separate kitchen. We had an outdoor kitchen that I converted into my shop. I had to install a grease trap, 3 compartment sink (or you can butt 2 two compartment sinks together, which is what I did, since I already had a sink). I had to install a "mop sink", which is a large fiberglass sink on legs. This had to be in a separate room from the kitchen, so I installed it in the bathroom. Lights have to have the plastic coveres to prevent shattered glass from falling in food in case a light breaks. All refrigerators, freezers, have to have thermometer to keep temps correct. You have to have litmus paper to test the sanitizer in your water. I also installed a separate sewerage treatment plant. I live in the country, so my home is on a treatment plant.

I think that's all. I'd be happy to answer any other questions you might have.

redheadfairy2003 Posted 13 Dec 2009 , 3:54am
post #7 of 7

wow this is going to take me along time.............. But Im not going to give up....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%