Cute & Funny Story

Lounge By KKC Updated 8 Dec 2009 , 3:02pm by beck30

KKC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKC Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 1:39pm
post #1 of 12

I've been laughing at this all weekend....My 8 year old son and I watch Cake Boss every Monday, he likes to look at all the cool cakes, so anyway...

This past Saturday we were making some Christmas cookies together and I always use fondant to cover the cookies. So he's pretending that he's shooting a commercial and he's describing how he's doing the cookies. So he say's..."I'm going to cut out the "Fondawnt" (in his Buddy Valastro voice) and place them on the cookie. icon_lol.gificon_redface.gif I'm sorry but I couldn't help but laugh, and everytime he has to use the word fondant he says "Fondawnt". My husband and I laughed until our stomach hurt. Then we explained to him that it wasn't nice to make fun of the way people talk or say things (i know a little to late), but those were just one of those things that you couldn't help but laugh at icon_redface.gif

Here are the pics of my son's Christmas cookies....He did it all by himself (except the baking part)
LL

11 replies
mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 4:59pm
post #2 of 12

That's adorable, his cookies look great too.

FullMoonRanch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullMoonRanch Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 5:03pm
post #3 of 12

Wow! He did a great job KKC! I bet you two had a blast. (My mom has a NY accent and as a kid (we lived in VA) I always teased her about 'idears' and 'windas'. I'm sure I drove her nuts!)

tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 5:16pm
post #4 of 12

KKC, your son sounds adorable, and he does a great job decorating cookies, better than me lol love hearing stories about parents and their kiddos having fun together. That was a cute one.

KKC Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 6:03pm
post #5 of 12

Thanks everyone! Everytime I think about it I laugh lol. I was amazed at how good his cookies looked, He has his dad's artistic ability. Its funny because everyone in my family can draw but me. Thats one of the reasons why it took me so long to try my hand at cake decorating...i thought that you had to know how to draw in order to decorate cakes.

Rachie204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rachie204 Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 7:12pm
post #6 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullMoonRanch

Wow! He did a great job KKC! I bet you two had a blast. (My mom has a NY accent and as a kid (we lived in VA) I always teased her about 'idears' and 'windas'. I'm sure I drove her nuts!)

Oh wow my grandmas from NY and it always drives me insane when she says "idear" (amongst other things) I just thought it was her...we are in GA...lol Glad to know she isn't crazy! Hahaha

Rachie204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rachie204 Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 7:13pm
post #7 of 12

KKC that is toooo Cute... Your son did an Amazing Job!!! I think you have a little cake decorator on your hands!!!!

KKC Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 11:10pm
post #8 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachie204

KKC that is toooo Cute... Your son did an Amazing Job!!! I think you have a little cake decorator on your hands!!!!

Thank you icon_smile.gif

just_for_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just_for_fun Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 11:49pm
post #9 of 12

Hey, don't make fun of us NY'er, I HATE when ppl (like our mayor) say "idears".

and your son's cookies are adorable!

KKC Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 12:11am
post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by just_for_fun

Hey, don't make fun of us NY'er, I HATE when ppl (like our mayor) say "idears".

and your son's cookies are adorable!

Thank you icon_smile.gif

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 3:46am
post #11 of 12

Awww...his cookies are super cute! Budding chef perhaps?

beck30 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beck30 Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 3:02pm
post #12 of 12

Those cookies look great. Don't you just love the things kids say? He sounds adorable.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%