Update On Birthday Cookie Decorating Party

Baking By canyongal Updated 2 Dec 2009 , 7:20pm by sadsmile

canyongal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
canyongal Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 7:05pm
post #1 of 3

Hi,

I thought I'd give you an update on how my daughter's birthday party turned out. The girls (10 and 11 years old) had a GREAT time!

First I gave them all a white apron and a bunch of fabric markers. The girls decorated the aprons, signing each others, drawing cookies, cupcakes, etc. They had a blast doing that. Since they spent about 45 minutes creating their apron masterpieces, I decided to feed them, then decorate cookies. That worked out well. They ate pizza, did gifts and cake and ice cream.

They were stuffed when it came time to decorate cookies, so they weren't licking fingers, etc. I gave each girl a small size shirt box lined with wax paper, then had them decorate the lid so they had a place to store their cookies.

I had a few cookies decorated and then demonstrated how to flood and decorate a couple of cookies. Each girl had a wet wipe by their work area to wipe their fingers on or clean tips off with, etc (great hint I read on this site somewhere). The girls were so cute. They were very creative and took great pride in their end products. My daughter had picked out the shapes for the cookies they would decorate (hat, purse, tea cup, tea pot, crown, pig with crown, etc.). I started each girl out with a couple to start with. They decorated 8 cookies, one of each shape.

They spent at least an hour at it. They had such a good time, it was fun to watch them. They all have watched some type of cooking show (the Food Network, Cake Boss, Ace of Cakes, etc) and they were calling each other "chef" and they decorated. They didn't want to eat any of the cookies that night, as they wanted to save them for the next morning and show their moms all of their creations. I had them all decorate an extra one to eat so they got to have one while they were watching a movie (no lack of sugar or calories at this sleepover icon_smile.gif!

All in all, it was my most favorite birthday party. Thanks for all your help in figuring it out. Jane

2 replies
2SchnauzerLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2SchnauzerLady Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 7:19pm
post #2 of 3

How cool is that! What a wonderful party! I would have loved to come to a party like that.

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 7:20pm
post #3 of 3

That sounds like a blast! What a huge success!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%