Bummed Out! New Cake Place Coming To Town

Business By psurrette Updated 30 Nov 2009 , 3:48am by jammjenks

psurrette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
psurrette Posted 29 Nov 2009 , 1:44am
post #1 of 8

I have been licensed in my town for a few years now and have spent many hours trying to get my name out there. Today I went by a place that has been empty for years ( I did call about putting a bakery in the same spot but the lady said no its too small) Now theres a new cake place going in. I guess I have to step up my game plan now. My dream of once owning my own cake place here in my town is shattered for now.
BUMMING!

7 replies
aundrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundrea Posted 29 Nov 2009 , 1:58am
post #2 of 8

awww that sucks!! i peeked at your pics and your work is awesome! im sure it wont be long before you can reach your dream.
best of luck to you!

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 29 Nov 2009 , 2:06am
post #3 of 8

Paula - Your cakes will speak for themselves....don't worry too much about it! There aren't many bakeries that can do the custom work that you do. thumbs_up.gif

psurrette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
psurrette Posted 29 Nov 2009 , 2:13am
post #4 of 8

Thank you for your support!
Just hard when you work so hard and someone else moves in on you!

Mensch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mensch Posted 29 Nov 2009 , 7:43am
post #5 of 8

Competition is healthy and keeps one from being complacent and in a rut. Time to pull up your socks and develop a new strategi.

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 29 Nov 2009 , 3:13pm
post #6 of 8

Really, if you have a good reputation..it will speak for itself. In most small towns (not sure if your is, I'm assuming) there generally is enough business to go around.

Keep your chin up! They could spit out awful work...you just don't know.

Jen icon_smile.gif

minicuppie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minicuppie Posted 29 Nov 2009 , 3:19pm
post #7 of 8

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer...stop by and introduce yourself. This may prevent a bit of awkwardness later. You guys may even have a serious use for each other. Doctors take call for each other all the time...this way you can actually go on the island vaca you won on Regis and Kelley.

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 30 Nov 2009 , 3:48am
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by minicuppie

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer...stop by and introduce yourself. This may prevent a bit of awkwardness later. You guys may even have a serious use for each other. Doctors take call for each other all the time...this way you can actually go on the island vaca you won on Regis and Kelley.

What a great attitude to have about it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%