Will This Cake Work?

Decorating By MerlotCook Updated 29 Nov 2009 , 1:38am by MerlotCook

MerlotCook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MerlotCook Posted 28 Nov 2009 , 7:32pm
post #1 of 10

At first I thought the buttercream wasn't smooth enough; now that it's decorated I love the look. But....does it need to be smoother? Anything else I need to be considering? The top will have a topper and more of the white flowers.
LL
LL

9 replies
jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 28 Nov 2009 , 7:51pm
post #2 of 10

I'd put a border around the bottom. Other than that, I think it looks great as is.

MerlotCook Posted 28 Nov 2009 , 8:52pm
post #3 of 10

So do no comments mean it's horrid or decent?

erikamj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erikamj Posted 28 Nov 2009 , 8:54pm
post #4 of 10

I think it looks great!

Lovemesomecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lovemesomecake Posted 28 Nov 2009 , 9:35pm
post #5 of 10

Its great! I agree w/ border on the bottom, then it will be perfect. icon_smile.gif

matthewkyrankelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
matthewkyrankelly Posted 28 Nov 2009 , 9:54pm
post #6 of 10

Love the look. I would also do a border around the bottom. Also, I wouls make the center color of the flowers different on the top and middle tiers. Right now, they look the same and the bottom different. I would do all the same, all very different, or just an accent color in the center. Great look.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 28 Nov 2009 , 11:52pm
post #7 of 10

The cake looks great! I would also do a border on the on the bottom though!

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 29 Nov 2009 , 12:22am
post #8 of 10

Yes, it could be smoother. But remember, with cake, perfect is hard to achieve. It's when all the decorating is done, that gives the cake a overall look of perfection. No one is going to see what you see...unless they are decorator as well.

Mom23Angels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mom23Angels Posted 29 Nov 2009 , 12:45am
post #9 of 10

What a pretty cake! I love the gradient shades of blue, and the flowers are so pretty. Your corners are very sharp, which is so hard with BC. In the bigger picture, it looks like maybe the top tier could have been a bit more level (or that could just be the angle of the picture).

Very nice : )

MerlotCook Posted 29 Nov 2009 , 1:38am
post #10 of 10

Thanks for the reassuring! I put a border around the bottom and the top had a topper and more flowers. When I took the cake in, the ladies setting up the reception loved it! I'm relieved! Thanks agian! (and yes, the top was a bit unlevel)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%