Recommend Your Edible Image Scanner

Decorating By andrea7 Updated 28 Nov 2009 , 10:14pm by tiggy2

andrea7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andrea7 Posted 28 Nov 2009 , 1:45am
post #1 of 5

What's the best edible image scanner and printer? Any help is much appreciatedicon_smile.gif

4 replies
tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 28 Nov 2009 , 2:08am
post #2 of 5

I have an epson all in one and I love it.

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 28 Nov 2009 , 2:47pm
post #3 of 5

I am biased, but we only sell Canons. This is due to the removable printhead should you get a clog. Currently we have the best edible image printer I have seen in 10 years. Actually, its not really the printer that is so great, it is the ink and paper combination for this line of printers that is so awesome. I have been in the edible imaging business for over 10 years now and I have never seen anything like this. THe colors are the most vibrant I have seen...ever. And we have been unable to clog it as of yet! It is pretty amazing. But I belelive it is due to the quality of the filtration of the ink. It is highly filtered which allows us to use a spongeless ink tank. I beleive the sponge is what causes a lot of the clogging over time. But because there is no sponge it holds more ink and you can actually refill it right in the printer. No more messy refills and can save gobs of money by refilling. But yes, I am biased! It is my business! We do have an awesome Thanksgiving deal through Picturecakes on Ebay for this weekend only. I have chopped over $100 off the price. This is a one time deal though as I cant afford to do this long. Anyway, I hope this helps and I will be glad to answer any questions you may have to help you.

Cakeonista Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakeonista Posted 28 Nov 2009 , 3:06pm
post #4 of 5

I just purchased my new Epson scanner and printer and ordered my frosting sheets and ink from Kopykake. I love it. The technical support from Kopykake was fabulous and my Jiucy cake was made using an image. Works beautifully, can't wait to use it more.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 28 Nov 2009 , 10:14pm
post #5 of 5

I purchased new, spongeless cartridges on ebay and refill myself and they are really the way to go. I have never had a clog on my epson (going on 2 years) and it's much cheaper to refill your own. And like icingimages I refill them right in the printer after the initial fill.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%