Freezer Paper Help!!!!

Decorating By FabulousCreationsByIsury Updated 28 Nov 2009 , 9:01pm by Cak3mama

FabulousCreationsByIsury Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FabulousCreationsByIsury Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 6:06am
post #1 of 11

Good night everyone. I need everyone's help on this subject. I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get Freezer Paper locally? i want to make a chocolate wrap and read that we can use that instead of acetate film.... If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

10 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 6:13am
post #2 of 11

Walmart icon_biggrin.gif

They sell the brown kind by Reynolds, in the aisle with foil. Not sure if that's what you're looking for but they've got it. It's about $5 for the box. http://www.reynoldspkg.com/reynoldskitchens/en/product.asp?prod_id=1798

FabulousCreationsByIsury Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 6:19am
post #3 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rose

Walmart icon_biggrin.gif

They sell the brown kind by Reynolds, in the aisle with foil. Not sure if that's what you're looking for but they've got it. It's about $5 for the box. http://www.reynoldspkg.com/reynoldskitchens/en/product.asp?prod_id=1798

Thanks you so much Texas Rose. That's exactly what I'm looking for... Do you think it would work to make the chocolate wrap? TIA...

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 6:21am
post #4 of 11

I've never made one, so I'm not sure. I think the smoothness of the surface has some effect on how shiny the surface of the chocolate will be, but I'll let someone with more chocolate experience answer icon_biggrin.gif

I was reading about making a chocolate transfer and the person who did it used a report cover so she could put the picture she was copying inside, which I thought was a great idea.

ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 1:59pm
post #5 of 11

All of the grocery stores here sell the white Reynolds Freezer Paper. I've never used it for chocolate, but it does have one very slick, smooth side, so it may work. You can always try a little test before you commit to the big project.

sherrycanary62 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sherrycanary62 Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 2:20pm
post #6 of 11

While in the grocery store yesterday I notice our store had the freezer paper in the meat section? if its not with the foil/saran etc it they might have it stocked in the meat section.

FabulousCreationsByIsury Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 2:42pm
post #7 of 11

Thank you all so much for the help thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif ..... I LOVE the cakecentral community. Happy Early Thanksgiving. Everyone that sees this post I want you to Have a Bless thanksgiving with the ones you love and share the love. usaribbon.gif

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 4:14pm
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by FabulousCreationsByIsury

Thank you all so much for the help thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif ..... I LOVE the cakecentral community. Happy Early Thanksgiving. Everyone that sees this post I want you to Have a Bless thanksgiving with the ones you love and share the love. usaribbon.gif

I use freezer paper all the time, but I see you have all your questions answered. Just wanted to say that I hope you also have a great Thanksgiving.

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 8:46pm
post #9 of 11

Should be able to get it at any grocery store.

Jen icon_smile.gif

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 8:57pm
post #10 of 11

At my Walmart it is always on the bottom row. That is what I use to cover my cake boards with. icon_smile.gif

Cak3mama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cak3mama Posted 28 Nov 2009 , 9:01pm
post #11 of 11

I find is at most any store ..in my area..it is what I use to cover all my boards !!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%