How Do You Seal The Plastic Bags When You

Baking By pattycakes55d Updated 30 Nov 2009 , 7:43pm by pattycakes55d

pattycakes55d Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakes55d Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 12:00am
post #1 of 13

are putting one of those cute tags over the top and stapling it? Or do you? Thanks

12 replies
pattycakes55d Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 2:09am
post #2 of 13

for those of you who are new to this like me and wondering the same thing..... you can use some sort of sealer for the bag and then double stick tape for the tags. Staples are not recommended.

I just can't afford a sealer so I used my flat curling iron. I put it on low and in one second, the bag was sealed and didn't look all crumpled up. DA DA !!!!!

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 3:09am
post #3 of 13

I use a heat sealer.

Elise87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elise87 Posted 28 Nov 2009 , 10:06am
post #4 of 13

pattycakes55d: Did u put it directly on the plastic or have a thin material as a protector or something?

Also do you mean flat curling iron as in a like a hair staighter or something else?

rosiecast Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosiecast Posted 28 Nov 2009 , 2:33pm
post #5 of 13

I'm sorry, I'm new at cookies (lol) and I'm confused. What tags are you talking about? Do you have pics of what you mean. Thanks,

mrsc808 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsc808 Posted 28 Nov 2009 , 10:03pm
post #6 of 13

I use a heat sealer. I have a 4" but I really should have bought an 8".

tripleD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tripleD Posted 28 Nov 2009 , 10:16pm
post #7 of 13

I use a heat sealer. got it on ebay for about $8.00.A commercial on at that 12" long. I used it for everything that needs sealing in plastic.
If I need a tag on top I just seal the bag then staple it on.

Elise87 Posted 29 Nov 2009 , 12:01am
post #8 of 13

OMG I went on ebay to look too and i never realised how cheap heat sealers can be!!!! Is there a specific type of plastic they work on? What about those celophane type of cookie bags?

pattycakes55d Posted 29 Nov 2009 , 7:33am
post #9 of 13

Yes I did mean my hair straightener. I just put the tip of the bag to the edge of the straightener and very quickly closed the straightener for like one second and da da. I have never heard of heat sealers. Will have to check those out.

What I want to do is make a gift tag with the computer with either my name or Merry Xmas or whatever and fold it over the plastic bag top and probably tape it or something to the bag. It just personalizes.

Elise87 Posted 29 Nov 2009 , 7:44am
post #10 of 13

yeh i want to make some christmas tags too for some of my cookies and like you though before was going to staple them.

I'm looking at getting a handheld heat sealer from ebay since i prob won't need it that often and they are pretty good prices

cookiemookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiemookie Posted 29 Nov 2009 , 9:05pm
post #11 of 13

I use my Foodsaver. I have a professional model from years ago. It also has a cutter and it works fantastic!

crusted1988 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crusted1988 Posted 30 Nov 2009 , 9:11am
post #12 of 13

what i do is wrapping it first with a transparent plastic the i get the blower and blow it with the warm air from the blower. it compresses and it'll look nice after wards. Where did i get that idea? On my husband when he used to work in the bakeshop.

whenever you share the goodness in your heart, you always
end up winning because life is an echo. Iife gives back anything you have give
... even better.

Retail plastic bags

custom plastic bags

pattycakes55d Posted 30 Nov 2009 , 7:43pm
post #13 of 13

that sounds like a great idea. I've heard of people using saran wrap and then pulling it in on the back with tape or a logo label. Is the hair dryer too hot for the cookie and warm enough to seal?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%