Tv Cake Competition

Decorating By cakequeen50 Updated 25 Nov 2009 , 11:19pm by vtcake

cakequeen50 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakequeen50 Posted 24 Nov 2009 , 8:39pm
post #1 of 7

I am so excited yet really nervous. My business, "Perfect Wedding Cake" was filmed for a small cake competition that will be aired on WE tv, "Get Married" in January.
Another local Atlanta area baker and myself "competed" for a mystery bride who wanted a non-traditional, fun wedding cake. We were each filmed at our location and the had the "big reveal" in front of the bride. The bride chose my design, which was very cool!
I am not happy about seeing myself of TV but the free publicity is worth it's weight in gold! I am a real introvert, so stepping out of my box was a hard decision.
I just had to share the news, I could burst!
[img] http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1520704 [/img]

6 replies
sherrycanary62 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sherrycanary62 Posted 24 Nov 2009 , 8:43pm
post #2 of 7

That is so awesome!!!! and your cake is just stunning!!! great job. I will be watching icon_smile.gif

pattigunter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattigunter Posted 24 Nov 2009 , 9:02pm
post #3 of 7

All of your cakes are just stunning. Congratulations -- I know that must have been very exciting for you!

ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 24 Nov 2009 , 9:08pm
post #4 of 7

Wow - congratulations! Great work - please post closer to air time to let us know the time or times it will be on. Is this a one-time competition or a new series?

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 24 Nov 2009 , 9:16pm
post #5 of 7

That's great, I'm happy for you. Please let us know when, I don't want to miss it.

cagirlygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cagirlygirl Posted 24 Nov 2009 , 9:25pm
post #6 of 7

Congratulations! I'm a total introvert too, so I know what a big deal it is to try and push past it. And look how well you were rewarded! Yay! Gorgeous cake! Let us know when the episode airs so we can all tune in and cheer you on.

Cheers!
paula

vtcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vtcake Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 11:19pm
post #7 of 7

Congrats. But too bad you spoiled the ending!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%