Buttercream Over Ganache?

Decorating By SandiOh Updated 27 Nov 2009 , 1:01am by SandiOh

SandiOh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandiOh Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 10:26pm
post #1 of 6

I've been asked to do a cookie monster cake. The actual cookie monster I will fashion out of RKT, and I wanted to frost him with ganache, to make him a bit more solid...question then is will the BC frosting fur adhere to the ganache?
If not, what should I use?
TIA,
Sandi

5 replies
SandiOh Posted 24 Nov 2009 , 4:41am
post #2 of 6

anybody?

SandiOh Posted 24 Nov 2009 , 9:13pm
post #3 of 6

sorry, trying to bump this to see if anyone can help me...I don't have alot of time before I have to make it and I too much going on to experiment with it right now...hoping someone will have an answer for me.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 1:36am
post #4 of 6

I actually crumb coat my RKT characters with buttercream and then I put the fondant on. So you could definitely do the buttercream on buttercream.

I have no idea about the ganache - but if nothing else, hopefully this will help get some other people moving.

celestecakes78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
celestecakes78 Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 10:40pm
post #5 of 6

Whenever i've made my rkt's i've used royal icing to cover them and fill in the tiny holes then fondant. Buttercream on buttercream will work just fine also.Ganache seems like a waste because your probly not going to eat it so it will save on the cost.

SandiOh Posted 27 Nov 2009 , 1:01am
post #6 of 6

I plan on making the RKT a peanut butter RKT with the ganache as a frosting...the birthday boy loves them...so I thought it would be good to incorporate in with the cake. Otherwise I think the royal icing is a good idea.
I did try this out on an extra half ball cake I haad in the freezer...so far the buttercream is adhering, hasn't fallen off...so I think I'll go ahead and try it...thought that would be good to do with the arms too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%