...and The Idiot Of The Week Award

Lounge By Gingoodies Updated 27 Nov 2009 , 1:50am by costumeczar

Gingoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gingoodies Posted 22 Nov 2009 , 5:32pm
post #1 of 23

goes to the lady next to me in line at the supermarket.

You know how bad the grocery store gets the weekend before a holiday. Lots of shoppers, few cashiers, lines getting longer, tempers getting shorter...

So I am patiently standing in my line, waiting..waiting..waiting to pay, and the lady in the line next to me starts ranting and raving about the whole situation. After about 15 minutes, the person in front of me, totally gets ticked off and pulls out of line.

Sooooooo... the nut in the line next to me starts to cut in front of me!!!!!!!! icon_confused.gificon_mad.gif

I said to her "I DON"T THINK SO!!!! What makes you think I am letting you in front of me?" Needless to say, she was not a happy camper. So much so that when she came out of the store and passed me putting my bags in the car, she actually started calling me names!

Holidays!!!

22 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 22 Nov 2009 , 5:33pm
post #2 of 23

Yeah...isn't it a shame how people act....I don't care what is going on in someones life etc there is no need to be rude!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 22 Nov 2009 , 5:45pm
post #3 of 23

If you want to really tick those kind off, tell them "Jesus loves you anyway!" There's really no intelligent "come back" to that one! The atheists will be ticked just because you used the word Jesus and the Christians know you're absolutely right. icon_lol.gif

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 22 Nov 2009 , 6:10pm
post #4 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

If you want to really tick those kind off, tell them "Jesus loves you anyway!" There's really no intelligent "come back" to that one! The atheists will be ticked just because you used the word Jesus and the Christians know you're absolutely right. icon_lol.gif

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really, what can someone say to that one?!

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 22 Nov 2009 , 6:44pm
post #5 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingoodies

I said to her "I DON"T THINK SO!!!! What makes you think I am letting you in front of me?" Needless to say, she was not a happy camper. So much so that when she came out of the store and passed me putting my bags in the car, she actually started calling me names!

Holidays!!!

Ah, peace and love and goodwill toward men!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 22 Nov 2009 , 7:08pm
post #6 of 23
Quote:

You know how bad the grocery store gets the weekend before a holiday. Lots of shoppers, few cashiers, lines getting longer, tempers getting shorter...

So I am patiently standing in my line, waiting..waiting..waiting to pay, and the lady in the line next to me starts ranting and raving about the whole situation. After about 15 minutes, the person in front of me, totally gets ticked off and pulls out of line.

Sooooooo... the nut in the line next to me starts to cut in front of me!!!!!!!! icon_confused.gificon_mad.gif

Holidays!!!

That is so dumb! I have never heard of something so idiotic! Hello, didn't she see you there? She must have something wrong with her because everyone know s that they have to wait in line. Sorry! Hope you can enjoy the holidays anyway!

LaBellaFlor Posted 22 Nov 2009 , 8:04pm
post #7 of 23

I have one for you. It was raining and with 3 babies we need 2 shopping carts. All the shopping carts are gone, but 1 so I'm wiping it off, my husband goes outside to get another shopping cart. So this lady stands there and is watching me wipe it off and my husband comes back with the other cart. So I turn around to start wiping that cart off, the lady goes to grab the cart I just wiped, I let her know thats are cart, start to help my husband again, she goes to grab the cart again, I tell her, thats our cart. She says,"Why don't you make up your mind". icon_confused.gif My husband says,"Why don't you listen". She gets an aggressive attitude and says,"WHAT DID YOU SAY?!" I don't know if she thought she was going to intimidate us or what," my husband says,"I said, why don't you listen, and I say,"Can you be any ruder?" And she just turns around and takes off. I don't get people sometimes.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 22 Nov 2009 , 8:15pm
post #8 of 23

I went shopping at midnight last night to avoid the holiday dummies. I'm sure people thought I was a bad mom because I had my kids out so late but nobody said a thing icon_razz.gif

snowboarder Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowboarder Posted 22 Nov 2009 , 8:20pm
post #9 of 23

This is exactly why I want to hibernate until the holidays are over with. I hate the holidays. All the freaks come out and this is on top of all the freaks we have to deal with on a normal day.

I have similar stories, but if I start writing about them I'll just get ticked off all over again.

rosiecast Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosiecast Posted 22 Nov 2009 , 10:30pm
post #10 of 23

What an idiot. The holidays just bring out the worst in people.

Mensch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mensch Posted 22 Nov 2009 , 10:33pm
post #11 of 23

So glad I don't celebrate holidays.

We usually go and hibernate at our beach house for almost three straight weeks, but not this year. Sigh.

LaBellaFlor Posted 22 Nov 2009 , 10:40pm
post #12 of 23

I'll make sure to send you a Christmas card Mensch. icon_razz.gif

Mensch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mensch Posted 22 Nov 2009 , 10:44pm
post #13 of 23

LOL!

I made X-mas cards one year (many years ago).

On the front were Mary and Joseph looking into the manger (but you couldn't see what was in it. When you opened the card you could see that the manger contained a baby dressed in an Elvis outfit with stylized Elvis hair, and the caption read: The King is born!

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 22 Nov 2009 , 11:16pm
post #14 of 23
Quote:

...when she came out of the store and passed me putting my bags in the car, she actually started calling me names!

Holidays!!!

Yes, it does seem as we enter the season of peace on earth and good will toward men, common courtesy is often the first item crossed off some people's to-do lists. icon_sad.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

That's exactly what I used to say as we were restraining patients when I worked at the hospital.... icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mensch

LOL!

I made X-mas cards one year (many years ago).

On the front were Mary and Joseph looking into the manger (but you couldn't see what was in it. When you opened the card you could see that the manger contained a baby dressed in an Elvis outfit with stylized Elvis hair, and the caption read: The King is born!

Totally not PC, but pretty humorous - and so you. icon_lol.gif

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 1:25am
post #15 of 23

And people wonder why I hate Christmas so much. At the time of year when people who claim to be Christians observe one of their most important holidays, I see vastly more un-Christian like behavior than any other time of year. I never cease to be amazed at how hypocritical that is, and how they don't see it when they're doing it. I don't know. Maybe they act that way all year round and we just notice it more at Christmas.

Mensch, VERY funny card (except that I can't stand Elvis). Sorry Elvis lovers. Don't hate me. : )

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 1:38am
post #16 of 23

I just wanted to add that hubby and I had dinner with my sister and her husband tonight. Sis is VERY involved in her church .... she's on the church board and is the church treasurer, and her husband is also on the board. I told them the story here and my suggestion to tell them "Jesus loves you anyway!" and they just rolled with laughter. BIL said he was going to remember that one and use it alot.

So during dinner, when one of us would say something silly, we tell that person "Jesus loves you anyway!"

I think we just started a funny family joke. icon_lol.gif

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 1:48am
post #17 of 23

I love family jokes like that. When my daughter was young, she always wanted to order big, expensive icecreamy drinks when we ate at restaurants. I seldom let her order them, and finally once when we'd gone back and forth about why not, when the waitress came for the drink orders my daughter said in the most pitiful, martyred voice, "I'll just have water..."

Now whenever one of us wants to have something we know we can't have, food or otherwise, we adopt that pathetic little voice and say, "It's okay. I'll just have water." Of course, it doesn't make a bit of sense to anyone else but we all laugh uproarously.

costumeczar Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 2:19am
post #18 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth0209

I love family jokes like that. When my daughter was young, she always wanted to order big, expensive icecreamy drinks when we ate at restaurants.

Oh wow, when my son was about 4 my husband took him to Friendly's and let him order one of those things. He then told him to "finish your drink" before we left...You know what happened next. Yep, all over the car.

I never got a good explanation from the hubby as to why it was so important that a little kid finish one of those drinks...

heddahope Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heddahope Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 3:46am
post #19 of 23
Quote:

Holidays!!!

I think I can top that!!!!! (nothing to do with the holidays though)

My friend went into the dollar store to get Silly String for her son's football team (they made it to their superbowl, they are 6). She asks the cashier where it is, cashier proceeds to point to which aisle.
As my friend is walking towards the aisle she sees someone walking quite quickly in that direction. My friend gets to the silly string there is 3 cans left, she takes them (2 in 1 hand, 1 in the other). As she turns to go check out this woman snatches the 1 can out her hand and turns to walk off. My friend in awww says "did you just snatch that out my hand?!". This Woman turns without saying a word and swings at my friend!!!! My friend (who has been in quite a few scuffles in her day) backs up just enough to not get hit in the face and grabs this woman by her shirt and pulls her close to her. She had to yell in this woman's face "You do not know who you are messing with, and OVER SILLY STRING!!!"

LOL. The woman drops the can and proceeds to leave the store........with no silly string. Isn't that CRAAAAZZZZY.

Sorry so long but thought it was a story to tell. IDIOTS!

LaBellaFlor Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 3:56am
post #20 of 23

icon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gif and again icon_surprised.gif ! I always tell my kids you don't mess with people, cause you don't know what they are capable of.

Gingoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gingoodies Posted 24 Nov 2009 , 12:46am
post #21 of 23

I can happily say, this lady did not get my goat. I just ignored her remarks in the parking lot. It's one of those stories you just have to share!

Its so sad how we stress out during this time of year. Everyone is in such a hurry to get nowhere icon_cool.gif

Well, I for one intend to enjoy MY Thanksgiving!

I wish all my CC buddies and Happy, Heathly, Joyous Holiday Season!! icon_lol.gif

cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 11:44pm
post #22 of 23

We were talking at work the other day about black fridays, and one girls bragged about how she wanted this Tonka truck that was on sale. She got there to late to get one so she followed another woman around the store until she left her cart. She proceeded to take the truck out of the woman's cart while she was away. I told her that that was why I won't go near a store on Black Friday, because if she would have done that to me, I'd probably have to kick her a$$, just for general purposes and then she could have the truck. LOL.

costumeczar Posted 27 Nov 2009 , 1:50am
post #23 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabecakes

We were talking at work the other day about black fridays, and one girls bragged about how she wanted this Tonka truck that was on sale. She got there to late to get one so she followed another woman around the store until she left her cart. She proceeded to take the truck out of the woman's cart while she was away. I told her that that was why I won't go near a store on Black Friday, because if she would have done that to me, I'd probably have to kick her a$$, just for general purposes and then she could have the truck. LOL.

Wooooowwww...You don't want to mess with people on Black Friday! I know someone who plots out stores, shopping strategies, etc., and she pretty much power shops all year. Black Friday is when she's at her worst.

Once she said that it was really cold at 4am, so people were waiting in their cars for the store to open. One person parked and started getting out of her car, and my acquaintance (can't really call her a friend!) rolled down her car window and screamed at her to get back in the car and wait like everyone else was! icon_eek.gif She said the woman get back into her car, all right!

Another time, just on a normal day, Walmart had a brand of diapers on closeout sale, so she got one of the store employees to get her ALL of the diapers and put them on a big pallet that she had them wheeling out toward the cashier. Some other lady saw her and said "You can't take ALL the diapers!" and tried to snatch some off the pallet. My acquaintance said that she grabbed them back and yelled that she sure as hell could, and that she'd like to see someone stop her! That woman backed off, too.

This is why I don't go shopping on Black Friday anymore. Just online. You can usually get the deals online the day before anyway! icon_lol.gif Saves a lot of aggravation.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%