Apple Lane Pottery??

Lounge By bobwonderbuns Updated 12 Dec 2009 , 3:45pm by bobwonderbuns

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 22 Nov 2009 , 4:59pm
post #1 of 8

Hey everyone, I had the most gorgeous apple lane pottery bowl that I've had for more than 40 years when that bull in a china shop I married broke it yesterday! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif I've been all over the internet looking for apple lane pottery and the only thing I could find was this: http://www.mebstore.com/items/item_display.aspx?iid=81774&sid

Surely they've done more than that!! Has anyone heard of apple lane pottery and if so can you please direct me to where I can replace my bowl? Thanks so much in advance! icon_biggrin.gif

7 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 22 Nov 2009 , 10:19pm
post #2 of 8

This is rather a round about way of finding Apple Lane Pottery... but Bill Nagengast was the potter who created three ALP studios from 1973-1985:

http://www.continental-design.com/bill-nagengast.html

Hopefully, he was the owner and sold the business (which is now doing business under another name), if not your "bull" has destroyed an irreplaceable piece of artwork.

HTH

bobwonderbuns Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 1:30am
post #3 of 8

Well I did track him down and Bill is not only selling me another bowl (he remembered the bowl that was broken) and I'm trying to get him to make another one in the colors of the broken bowl. I just loved that bowl!! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif Needless to say, the "bull" is now treading lightly -- two days later he broke my prized Mason Cash bowl!! icon_mad.gificon_cry.gif

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 2:21am
post #4 of 8

Oh man. icon_sad.gif Yesterday, my son broke a tea cup I brought back from France when I studied there. I was not so happy. icon_sad.gif

JanH Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 5:06am
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwonderbuns

Well I did track him down..

Guess there was no need for my search then.... icon_sad.gif

bobwonderbuns Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 3:03pm
post #6 of 8

You did good Jan!! It confirmed what I found!! It's a beautiful thing!! icon_biggrin.gif

JanH Posted 12 Dec 2009 , 11:19am
post #7 of 8

Thanks for the positive feedback. icon_biggrin.gif

(It wasn't easy tracking Bob down.) detective.gif

bobwonderbuns Posted 12 Dec 2009 , 3:45pm
post #8 of 8

I just got my new ceramic bowl that Bill sent me yesterday -- it's beautiful!! I don't like it nearly as much as the other one, but he's been my favorite potter for years and I've loved all his work. Like I said, it's a beautiful thing! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%