What To Expect At Ny Cake Convention And How Much....

Decorating By makenice99 Updated 20 Nov 2009 , 6:49pm by __Jamie__

makenice99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
makenice99 Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 5:57pm
post #1 of 4

Hi,

I am so excited about the NY cake convention. I have never been to any cake affairs. All I have seen and heard is just the pictures and message which are posted here. While I have taken several class and glued to the food network and WE TV shows on cakes I am looking forward to this. I am not a professional just a cake central addict who loves making and eating cake and sell occasionally for money to buy more new cake toys. Here is my problem the cost of the weekend. I want to see everything and take a class or two but $650 cake weekend wont still well with my family budget.

If I buy the weekend pass its $150. Is it really worth $150 how well organize is this type of event. Will I walk away having learned something and really need two days. Or would the money be better spent on a class?

Piece of Cake dinner- Sound great and would love to go but what goes on is it just dinner or is there information & ideas being exchanged?

And last but most important will there be vendors their and new toys to buy? Since this is all around the holiday I need help planning my budget and if I need to start brown bagging lunch now to save for this convention.
What would you advise? What is everyone else doing?

Thanks,

3 replies
__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 6:05pm
post #2 of 4

http://www.cakeconvention.com/ Have you looked at this?

makenice99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
makenice99 Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 6:43pm
post #3 of 4

Yes, I have been studying the website for a week now. Not sure I understand what you mean.

I am not planning on entering anything. I am still a student my work isn't good enough yet. So there is nothing I will be winning just money spending icon_cry.gif

But I hope to learn alot and have fun.

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 6:49pm
post #4 of 4

Sounded like you had not a clue what was going to happen, that's why I linked you to the site. It's well worth it if you can afford it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%